The all New Hyatt Place is all set to open! We ae looking to hire a Gallery Host . Its a hybrid role of a Front Desk Agent and a Barista/Bartender
The Gallery Host creates the Hyatt Place experience for our guests by offering guests a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist guests with check in and check out processes (verifying registration, address and credit information, balancing bank, posting charges). Go above and beyond to provide assistance, i.e. assist with luggage, coffee, directions, wake up calls, future reservations, etc.
- Provide information to guest and visitor inquiries; coordinates all guest requests for special arrangement of services, courteously and efficiently informs guests of hotel services, features and room amenities.
- Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently following Hyatt Place standards.
- Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the POS system.
- Assist guests with food orders and serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, professional and timely manner. Use suggestive selling techniques. Maintain a clean, organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
- Follow Hyatt Place operational policies and procedures, including those for cash and credit card handling, safety and security and all other policies, procedures and standards to ensure we can consistently exceed the guests' expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
- Previous customer service experience in a hotel or related field preferred
- You will be making and serving alcoholic beverages and thus need to be at least 21 years of age.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Requires strong ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in fast paced position with constant guest interaction
- Must possess basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures. * Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handlers (Preferred)