This person will work in production, supporting the manufacture of Anesthesia machines, Critical Care Ventilators or Vaporizers; driving product quality, delivery, and Lean processes. Employees will be hired as direct placement and will join Union after probation period of 60 days. Employees will be placed on first shift for training. After training, may be assigned to first or second shift, as needed.
- Follow instructions to perform electronic and mechanical assembly.
- Fine manipulation of parts, test rigs, and assembly jigs to facilitate production.
- Utilize hand held and power tools to facilitate production.
- Utilize test and verification processes to ensure high quality production.
- Document completion of procedures and non-conformances.
- Move, store, transact, and deliver material throughout the plant.
- Support production requirements by performing assigned work as needed.
1. Knowledgeable of GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of production process work instructions and utilizes them to ensure that the device conforms to its specifications
5. Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records and DHRs
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Consistent proven work history
3. Ability to perform detail oriented work and complete projects on time
4. Basic computer knowledge
5. Must be able to physically lift (floor to waist, waist to crown level, and horizontally) up to 30 lbs.
6. Must be able to physically carry up to 30 lbs.
7. Must be able to physically perform simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulation, neck rotation, and neck flexion frequently (34-66%) throughout the workday.
8. Must be able to physically twist, push/pull, reach at or above shoulder height, reach below should height occasionally (6-33%) throughout the workday.
9. Must be able to physically stoop, bend, squat, and balance rarely (1-5%) throughout the workday.
1. Experience in medical device assembly
2. Light manufacturing or assembly experience
3. Electronics/computer training and/or experience
4. Higher education courses and/or relevant work experience
5. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
6. Team player open to new ideas and continuous improvement
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.