Tailored Brands, Inc.’s purpose is to help our customers love how they look. We accomplish this by providing a personal, convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. We help fulfill this mission by providing our employees with an engaging and inclusive workplace focused on teamwork, growth and respect.
Director, Merchandise Systems - Tailored Brands, Inc.
This role oversees the merchandising systems and processes for all four brands underneath the Tailored Brands umbrella (The Men’s Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, K&G Superstores, and Moores Clothing for Men). The Director of Merchandise Systems plays a critical role in driving operational capabilities in support of Tailored Brands, Inc.’s strategic initiatives. This is a unique, hybrid role of business operations and strategy, and will partner directly with Merchandising, Planning, E-commerce, Supply Chain, Information Technology, Store Operations, Finance and senior leadership to deliver against individual brand goals and TBI strategy goals. The position maintains an intent focus on process design, change management, cross-functional collaboration, and project management, and is responsible for functional expertise and thought leadership in support of the development and execution of the systems strategy and vision for Merchandising & Planning. Through leadership of a team, the role will help drive impactful decisions across the chain to ensure creation of a powerful ecosystem of systems and processes that drive smarter, more data centric decisions. Scope will also include leading and or overseeing multiple or large scale cross-functional projects, developing ROIs/business cases, establishing and adhering to budgets and timelines, and driving accountability for systems adoption and stability.
Functional Expertise & Thought Leadership
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all Merchandise systems
- Strategic thought partner to Merchandise and Planning functions in regards to core Merchandising and Planning tools, leveraging systems capabilities to optimize inventories and assortments to drive sales, margin dollars while minimizing risk and lost sales
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure best in class processes, tools, and systems are implemented and leveraged consistently across Brands. Proactively build business partner relationships to collaborate on analysis and process recommendations
- Develop process governance to ensure systems adoption and to measure systems stability, accuracy, and processes that help drive efficiencies across the enterprise
- Identify and provide recommendations for system enhancements and solutions that drive stability, efficient work streams, and align with critical business needs and company’s strategic roadmap
- Work closely with SVP’s of Merchandising & Planning to systemically develop and execute new merchandise initiatives and strategy.
- Partner with IT to ensure alignment with business needs and future development on short and long term roadmap.
Enterprise Initiatives & Project Management
- Direct tactical and strategic initiatives/projects including the development of project plans, definition of business requirements, defining, tracking and reporting on success criteria and KPI’s, managing changes to project scope, identifying potential risks and issues, and scoping contingency plans
- Build ROI and business cases to effectively capture and communicate benefits across the enterprise
- Lead team through systems implementations, enhancements, upgrades, and critical stabilization efforts by managing system administration, developing best practices, and change management
- Builds expert knowledge in the retail sector and conveys knowledge to others. Understands and supports “Best In Class” standards
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including IT, DC Operations, Transportation, Store Operations, E-commerce, and Finance
- Oversee system implementation communication to all cross-functional teams, coordination and execution of UAT testing, and training to end users
People Management & Development
- Accountable for the direct management/leadership of the Merchandise Systems team, including interviewing, performance reviews, workload prioritizations, and role definition
- Manage ongoing development of team through clear goal setting; provide regular and effective coaching, and communication
- Drive a team of SME’s with ongoing cross-training to ensure skillset to support level one triage
- Minimum 8-10 years of direct experience in leading the development and implementation of highly complex Merchandising/Merchandise Planning, or Supply Chain systems either on the business or IT side
- Minimum 5 years of management or supervisory experience leading teams
- Strong background and understanding of Merchandising, Planning, Go to Market operations, and cross-functional project planning
- Required working experience with Gartner ranked Merchandising or Supply Chain software. Specific experience in these tools are preferred: JDA Demand & Forecasting, JDA Fulfillment, JDA Replenishment, Logility Planning & Allocation, TeraData Analytics, Quantisense, Snowflake, APT Test & Learn, Manhattan Planning, Manhattan WMOS, and Manhattan DOM, AgileOne.
- Omni-channel experience required
- Proven experience in building technology roadmaps and translating merchandising requirements into technical requirements. Extensive experience in multiple large scale, retail enterprise projects
- Deep functional experience in Merchandise/Merchandise Planning best practices through systems integration and data driven analytics
- Retail business background with strong process development and change management skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively cross-functionally across all levels of the enterprise, from programmers to executive level roles.
- Adaptable to fast paced, ever changing environment. Ability to quickly pivot to accommodate changing priorities.
- Develop and mentor a dedicated cross-functional team
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- Buying or Planning experience preferred
- Agile methodology experience preferred
02098C Corporate Office 6100 Stevenson Blvd Fremont 94538-2453
Tailored Shared Services