Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice, Inc./Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS) in Leesburg, VA, seeks part-time After-Hours Shelter Advocates. LAWS is a nonprofit organization that provides services to victims of domestic and sexual violence, as well as violence prevention outreach in the community.
Position 1: Saturday and Sunday days (9am-5pm) this position does have the option of splitting with someone to do every other weekend
Position 2: Saturday and Sunday evenings (5pm-9pm) this position does have the option of splitting with someone to do every other weekend
Position 3: Tuesday overnight (9pm-7am) and Saturday overnight (9pm-9am)
LAWS is an equal opportunity employer.
This person is responsible for providing support for individuals and families who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and stalking. Specific responsibilities include:
- Respond to hotline calls and LAP calls, and provide crisis intervention, support, information, and referrals to hotline callers.
- Respond to requests for shelter and arrange shelter for callers when appropriate.
- Complete LAP call follow up services for high danger victims.
- Provide individual support to residents as needed.
- Respond to requests and provide accompaniment for forensic medical exams and coordinate with on-call to ensure service requests are met.
- Provide client transportation, as needed.
- Facilitate house activities.
- Create, maintain and/or update documentation, including client files and log notes, as described in policy manual.
- Assist in training Hotline volunteers and new After-Hours Shelter Advocates, when necessary.
- Attend trainings and meetings, including:
- Monthly staff meetings
- 30-hour New Employee Orientation Training
- In Service Trainings
- Maintain communication with on-call staff.
- Operate alarm system.
- Perform regular household checks of locks and supplies
- Shelter maintenance as required.
- Other duties as requested.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Psychology; Counseling, or associated field
- One year experience in social work, psychology or counseling agency
- Prefer experience working in a shelter environment
- Bilingual in any language preferred
- Previous hotline experience preferred
- Must be able to work evening, overnight, and weekend hours.
- Successful criminal, sex offender, and CPS background check clearance
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- social work , psychology, counseling agency: 1 year (Preferred)