Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. is seeking a Senior Scientist, Workforce Analytics with a primary location in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 134,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Workforce Analytics team at Johnson & Johnson provides the insights and perspective on our employees and workforce that allow us to fulfill our mission of helping people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
The Senior Scientist will partner with colleagues as well as internal and external partners to apply algorithms and methods to address critical questions about our workforce. The role will work with an array of stakeholders at various levels of the organization including senior management to help ensure that our investment in people aligns with the overall strategy of our organization. The contributions of this individual will help ensure we continue to grow the rich culture and workplace that inspires the people of Johnson & Johnson.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Translate key business questions to conceive, design, develop, and execute on end-to-end analytical solutions. End-to-end analytical solutions may include developing requirements, gathering/processing/analyzing data, and delivering insights through various channels (presentations, applications, other content).
- Participate and lead project teams comprised of internal and external team members, elicit needs and act in a primary role as a trusted business and analytical partner. Influence decisions at various levels in the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on the leading edge of data mining and machine learning research by doing novel studies and keeping apprised with industry research/practices.
- Serve as part of a dynamic team with success hinging on effective collaboration and mentoring of other team members.
- Work with large, complex data sets demonstrating exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data.
- Make business recommendations by delivering effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or other related field is required; PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in applying machine learning algorithms and data mining approaches in an applied setting is required.
- A deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques/algorithms and their mathematical foundations to apply and tailor as necessary to include supervised, unsupervised, and semi-supervised learning methods is required.
- Understanding of applied statistics (e.g., advanced statistical analysis, underlying assumptions of statistical modeling, interpretation of statistical results) and know which methods are most appropriate for a given research problem is required.
- Proficient in R or Python program languages is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability both to teach others and to listen as well as learn new techniques is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working with human resources/people data is a major plus.
- This position will be primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ with up to 5% domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)