Provides comprehensive administrative support to EVP, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary & Communications and certain other legal staff as directed, including: administering/coordinating calendar/meetings, booking travel, preparing expense reports, drafting legal correspondence, assisting with Board of Director meetings and other Board matters; and provides organization and administrative support for Legal Team functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Acts as confidential assistant to General Counsel and legal staff, preserving the confidentiality of information related to the organization and staff. Assists with confidential and/or sensitive matters; provides explanation and support where needed.
2. Manages and maintains calendar, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings.
3. Provides all administrative support functions for General Counsel and assigned legal staff; including telephone coverage, travel arrangements, calendar and scheduling, processes expense reports, invoice and maintains payment records for external professional fees and services.
4. Assists with creating, editing and revising contracts for General Counsel.
5. Prepares and reviews correspondence, routine notices, memoranda and reports at the direction of the General Counsel. Assists in answering questions and responding to requests directed to the General Counsel.
6. Coordinates, organizes and develops tracking systems to monitor legal matters, projects, assignments and deadlines as directed.
7. Monitors outside counsel billings and ensures budgets are followed.
8. Assists with preparation of presentations for board meetings, internal presentation and conferences. Assists with drafting and preparing for approval Board of Director resolutions and consents for various O&M corporate entities.
9. Assist the Assistant Corporate Secretary with the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, conducts maintenance of directors' fees and quarterly statements, coordination of meeting logistics and other required reports and filings.
10. Prepares and submits expense reports for Board of Directors.
11. Serves as a liaison between the General Counsel, senior management and Board of Directors.
12. Organizes Legal Department activities, events and meetings.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from four year college or university; at least ten years' experience as a legal secretary or administrative assistant in either a large law firm or corporate counsel department
Knowledge of legal practices and terminology
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative and independence in completing tasks.
Utilize expert secretarial skills to create quality documentation and office systems; act independently, with minimal supervision. Consistently produce work without errors.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and interact with senior level executives and directors.
Manage administrative document preparation, file maintenance and storage with accuracy and in a timely manner.
Proficiency in preparing meetings materials such as Powerpoint presentations, meeting binders, agendas, minutes making reservations, planning dietary needs, scheduling travel arrangements, communicating essential information to participants, etc.
Demonstrate proficiency in preparation of letters, memos, minutes, planning and scheduling of meetings and distribution of related materials.
Operate PC computer and other office equipment in preparation, editing and distribution of various administrative documents and correspondence.
Use good judgment in setting work priorities, planning and organizing workload in the midst of many interruptions.
High degree of personal integrity, discretion and confidentiality
Knowledge and competence with personal computer to include multiple databases, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio and MS Word.
Ability to handle multiple projects with continuing changing priorities.
May work extended hours on occasion
How To Apply
Amount of Travel No Travel