CIOX Health’s people, process, and technology give healthcare organizations a HIM edge. If you share our commitment to providing service that is second-to-none, we invite you to join our team of more than 7,500 HIM specialists, healthcare veterans, and thought-leaders nationwide. If you are passionate about what you do, then you belong with the leading provider of full suite HIM solutions. CIOX Health's Coding/HIM Consulting/EMR Abstraction Division is looking for HIM professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
We are currently hiring Remote Inpatient Coders for full-time or part-time employment opportunities.
- Assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS and any other designated coding classification system in accordance with the UHDDS coding guidelines.
- Reviewing medical records and assigning accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigning and sequencing codes accurately based on medical record documentation
- Assigning the appropriate discharge disposition
- Abstracting and entering coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Communicating documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Tracking their own continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials
- Communicating with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues
- Adhering to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Minimum of 3 years experience coding or auditing
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC or CCS-P credentials
- Recent experience in academic/level 1 trauma centers * Experience coding or auditing inpatient records for various facilities
- Track record of acceptable productivity standards
- Maintain 95% accuracy rate for DRG assignment and 95% productivity rate
- Experience with various software including EMR, Encoder and Auditing software
WE OFFER EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Internal referral bonus for coding experts
- Gift card for External non-employees who refer a qualified full time candidate to us. Paid out after 3 months of their employment with CIOX Health.
- Free Coding Questions Hotline available through our CIOX Health Network.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Free CE credits – Minimum of 12 per year.
- 144 hours of paid time off in addition to 7 paid holidays * Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Computer with dual monitors
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: With more than 40 years of experience and 18,000 locations nationwide, CIOX is the leader in full suite HIM services solutions that help hospitals, health systems, and clinics streamline and simplify HIM workflow. With comprehensive solutions including document conversion, release of information (ROI), coding, auditing, abstracting, ICD-10 transition services, RAC services, along with complete training and HIM consulting, CIOX empowers healthcare organizations to overcome workflow challenges and focus on their most mission-critical initiatives. The result is improved patient/physician satisfaction, increased HIM efficiencies and a stronger bottom line.
EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time