The Packager position reports directly to the Packaging Manager and is primarily responsible for packaging the company product at Penn Health for delivery to the medicinal marijuana dispensaries. The packager must be able to complete repetitive tasks at a fast pace without error and be compliant with OSHA and state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Spends 100% of their time in packaging functions, printing labels, applying stickers etc.
- Portion and weigh products for packaging
- Assists Packaging Manager to ensure there is adequate inventory and par levels packaged each shift/day.
- Makes sure product, dispensary and tamper proof labels are correctly placed on each product.
- Experience in the medicinal marijuana field or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Experienced in completing repetitive tasks at a fast pace
- Proven track record of strategic planning and driving revenue
- Excellent mathematical, language and reasoning skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical Activities and Additional Requirements:
- Is able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to stand on their feet for at least 8 hours a day with constant movement
- Required to work with hazardous chemicals and to wear appropriate clothing.
- Requires some variable hours and on call after business hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug test
While performing the duties of this job, you may frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and occasionally required to climb stairs/ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell. You must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities usually required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience
- All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans, individuals with disabilities and residents of Fayette County are encouraged to apply and will be given hiring preference
- This is a full-time, benefited position. We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and a generous benefits package.