This is a unique part-time opportunity for someone who wants a great place to work in a place that’s family friendly (we even have a kids’ room!), dog friendly and is a growing company. We have great perks (we throw a party for ourselves once a month) and provide an environment that is professionally fulfilling.
Size of company: 68
Part time (about 20 hours per week)
The Accounting Supervisor position is responsible for performing various accounting functions including journal entries, accruals and reconciliations accounts, preparing reports and maintaining accurate accounting records. This position is responsible for monthly and yearly closing duties as well as other special projects as assigned, and this position oversees payables processor, billing clerk, A/R process and HR clerk.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts to the general ledger. The Accounting Supervisor:
- Is responsible for reconciling assigned accounts each month and for maintaining account reconciliation procedures.
- Should have a thorough understanding of how their assigned accounts work and should be able to verbally communicate the process to other employees.
- Is responsible for general ledger maintenance in accordance with ABPG standards.
2. Responsible for monthly closing duties. The Accounting Supervisor:
- Is responsible for posting assigned journal entries according to the month-end closing schedule.
- Is responsible for preparing assigned reports and schedules.
- Should have a thorough understanding of these duties including the ability to analyze journal entries and their impact on financial statements.
- Is responsible for maintaining journal entry instructions.
- Is responsible for coordinating with various departments to ensure information is obtained in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for reviewing financial statements for accuracy and distributing to appropriate managers.
3. Responsible for assigned daily duties and other reports or schedules as requested by management. The Accounting Supervisor:
- Is responsible for reviewing invoices invoices.
- Is responsible for maintaining core set of reports ABPG uses for management tools.
- Oversees payables processor, billing clerk, AR process and HR clerk.
- Ensure all legal obligations of the corporation are processed and submitted timely.
- Other related duties as assigned.
4. Responsible for year-end closing duties. The Accounting Supervisor:
- Is responsible for preparing year-end schedules and journal entries as assigned.
- Is responsible for completing year-end reconciliations for assigned accounts making sure all account balances are correct and no audit adjustments are required.
- Is responsible for meeting year-end deadlines according to the ABPG year-end closing schedule.
- Is, along with the company president and managers, actively involved in the budgeting process. Accounting Supervisor will assist with the budget as requested.
5. Accounting Supervisor should be a team player working to accomplish departmental goals and special projects.
- Is responsible for utilizing time in an efficient manner.
- Is responsible for utilizing resources in an efficient manner.
- Is responsible for suggesting recommendations which improve processes for assigned responsibilities or other departmental processes.
- Will function as backup for vacancies for similar positions as necessary.
- Will maintain and promote internal controls and compliance with all ABPG policies and departmental guidelines.
- Required - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Major: Accounting or commensurate professional experience.
- Required - 3 years total experience required, which includes 3 years of accounting-related experience
CERTIFICATION / LICENSE / REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Active or Inactive) (AR) (License)
- Required - 10 key by touch
- Required - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Required - Good working knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel and Word.
- Required - Good analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Required - Able to meet deadlines and multi-task.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $28,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)