This position is responsible for managing the hardware and network infrastructure, including equipment maintenance and purchasing as well as configuration and design of the enterprise network topology and servers. It is also responsible for creating procedures for auditing security and compliance to PCI and HIPAA standards, and performing internal audits to assure compliance. Manage Help Desk operations
Systems Administrators and Disaster Recovery Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and procure the hardware and software needed to satisfy company requirements
- Provide updates, status, and completion information to IT Director or user
- Works collaboratively with other members of IT in the customization and adaptation of existing systems to meet users’ requirements in accordance with Apothecary Shop policies and procedures
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups
- Manage Help Desk and ensure resolution of trouble tickets placed by company users as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Manage technology vendors to provide the best service as the lowest cost.
- Document system architecture
- Create and maintain disaster recovery plans, and supervise backups
- Perform system upgrades
- Manage internal auditing program to ensure compliance with PCI, HIPAA, and other industry standards
- Create and maintain Configuration Management procedures. Enforce department standards.
- Load appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications
- Administer e-mail and anti-viral systems
- Provide telephone, in-person and online support to end-users
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction
Preferred Skill Preferences
- Highly Proficient in C#, .NET and SQL
- Experience utilizing Test Driven Development
- Experience developing or working with an Enterprise Service Bus
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical stall members
- Experience in healthcare or a HIPAA compliant environment
- Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must possess a professional appearance and interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess a strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in related field plus 6 years’ experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in 8 years.
- Possess information technology and healthcare leadership qualities with skills to lead a team of database administrators, developers, and product managers.
- Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting either individual or team
- Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting either individual or team.
- Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences.
- Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels.
- Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on users’ premises
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must possess a professional appearance and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ShoreTel phone system experience a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- BS in Computer Science or completion of trade school in computer science is strongly preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Terminal Server, Cisco Router and Switch, Networking/VPN, Remote Assistance Software, Network Problem Solving, and Network Design
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications are preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions. Some travel may be required.
JOB DESCRIPTION STATUS
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. Avella reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of the program. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Enterprise Service Business: 5 years (Required)
- .Net, C# and SQL: 8 years (Required)
- SDLC methodologies including requirements, design,: 5 years (Required)
- Information Technology: 8 years (Required)
- Phoenix, AZ 85085 (Required)