To provide professional service delivery to our customers with a keen awareness of their needs using effective communication, listening, proven critical thinking and problem solving skills. This position is responsible for effectively managing and analyzing data to drive business solutions in the areas of recruitment and selection, employee health and wellness, and employee benefit administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These examples do not include all possible responsibilities in this position and do not limit the assignment of related duties to this classification.
1. Strategically manages the staffing and recruitment process to promote the recruitment of highly qualified talent in compliance with local, state, and federal laws governing employment.
2. Consults, assists and collaborates with our Business Partners on human resource best practices relating to labor relations, policy administration, recruitment, performance management, HRIS, benefits, onboarding, classification and compensation administration, and talent management.
3. Manages, coordinates and administers our wellness program while marketing and delivering effective programs that align with our benefits program.
4. Develops innovative marketing strategies to assist and engage leaders and employees to understand benefits of county-wide programs including recruitment and retention, wellness, and employee benefits.
5. Researches and evaluates trends and metrics related benefit administration, workforce analytics and human resource initiatives that align with our goals and values.
6. Manages and administers all employee leave programs including FMLA and ADA to ensure compliance.
7. Onboards new employees by effectively marketing our organization and culture.
8. Provides contract/policy analysis, interpretation and resolution for organizational effectiveness.
9. Contributes to the development and deployment of employee training initiatives including e-learning, publications and facilitated sessions to create and maintain a culture of learning and professional development.
10. Attends work regularly and in a timely manner.
11. Performs others duties as assigned or apparent.
Minimum Qualifications and Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Minimum Qualifications
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business/Public Administration Management, Economics, Marketing or Psychology is preferred
Three years of progressively related experience
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Reliable means of transportation to travel to multiple locations around Stearns County and Minnesota, some of which may not be available by public transportation
Public Sector Human Resources experience
Managing an organizational wellness program
Management and administration of employee benefit programs
Public speaking and delivering group presentations
Marketing of organizational initiatives
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines related to employment.
2. Skilled in recruiting and selecting employees.
3. Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving.
4. Skilled in effectively managing and analyzing data in electronic systems to drive business decisions.
5. Ability to develop tools that enhance understanding, measurement, management, and tracking of compensation and benefit programs.
6. Ability to promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
7. Ability to work successfully in both a team and independent setting.
8. Ability to analyze complex situations and effectively implement an action plan.
9. Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changes.
10. Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
11. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Accountabilities, Work Environment and Extent of Supervision or Guidance Provided: Accountabilities Shared By All Employees
1. Performs job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the County's mission and values.
2. Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of all department and County-wide policies, protocols and procedures that apply to the performance of this position.
3. Develops respectful and cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
4. Informs immediate supervisor of all important matters pertaining to assigned job responsibilities.
5. Seeks opportunities for further personal growth and development.
6. Represents the County in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts when doing the County's business.
7. Complies with all rules and policies in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position will be performed approximately 100% of the time indoors. May require occasional travel to off-site locations and minimal attendance at evening meetings. Will have minimal exposure to health hazards and accidents; requires a low level of physical effort.
Responsibility for Public Contact
Salary and Hours of Work, Testing and Interview Dates: Starting Salary
$53,594 - $63,994/annually (Grade 19, Non-union position).
Full Salary Range
$53,594- $78,660/annually (Grade 19, Non-union position).
Hours of Work
This position has a usual work schedule of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, some early morning, evening and weekend hours maybe required.
If you are selected to be interviewed for this position, interviews will be held on a date to be determined. Invitations to interview will be sent to the email address listed on the job application and will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. A job specific physical, drug and/or psychological exam may be required before appointment.