Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Our recruiting team supports full-cycle recruiting efforts for both the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, which includes a wide variety of enterprise, clinical, and scientific positions. Our Recruiting Coordinator works closely with our recruiters, recruiting manager, hiring managers, and candidates in a fast-paced environment, often providing the candidate with their first impression of our organization. This candidate will be an organizational guru, work effectively with internal and external clients and candidates, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice, and enjoy the challenges of helping to recruit great talent.
Under direction from the Director of Talent Acquisition, the responsibilities will include:
- Manage the newly approved requisition queue within the applicant tracking system to assign requisitions to recruiters; update requisitions with related information, as appropriate
- Schedule: (a) recruiting strategy meetings for recruiters with hiring managers, (b) phone and in-person interviews for candidates with recruiters, hiring managers, and interview groups (arrange travel and subsequent reimbursements for candidates, as necessary), and (c) post-interview debrief meetings for recruiters with hiring managers and, if applicable, interview groups.
- Update candidate records and requisitions in the applicant tracking system in real-time and as needed
- Review and update job descriptions and requisitions.
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and workflow efficiency
- Assist in the coordination of other recruiting activities, as needed, including career fair registration and attendance, faculty recruiting, temporary staffing needs, internal employee career exploration, and more.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess administrative support experience with heavy scheduling and client interaction.
- Experience scheduling in Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience making domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Must be impeccably detail-oriented and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment demonstrating excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Written and verbal communication must be professional, diplomatic, and confidential.
- Must be highly organized and experienced in handling multiple tasks and time-sensitive information.
- Prior experience working as a recruiting coordinator is strongly desired.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.