Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
Organization Section IT 104702
The Systems Administrator will have a diverse set of responsibilities and be required to work closely with all members of the Surgical Sciences administrative team. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, attentive to detail, flexible and comfortable working in a large healthcare environment.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for purchasing, configuring, testing, and delivering Windows 10 and Mac desktop and laptop systems and helping configure mobile devices.
Manages systems and infrastructure components for mission-critical computing environments under occasional guidance. Provides support services for systems administration, networking, performance tuning, monitoring and capacity planning while adhering to enterprise policies and procedures. Builds infrastructure to support business environment. Implements policies and procedures for maintaining the security and integrity of the system and ensures the system meets availability and disaster recovery requirements. Ability to solve complex hardware and software system problems.
Ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of US Healthcare Industry (preferred).
About the Department:
Vanderbilt's Section of Surgical Sciences combines many of our surgical departments at Vanderbilt into one framework with the commitment to providing the best in patient care. Our specialty teams of surgeons and researchers work closely with one another to discover and reveal the latest medical and surgical innovations, while teaching our residents the many facets of surgery. This collaboration of disciplines allows us to provide an array of conventional and unique surgical services to the entire mid-south region resulting in outstanding patient outcomes.
Full Time/Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Administers and manages systems of moderate to medium complexity
- Ensures adherence to relevant security policies and regulatory governances d
- Mitigates hardware/software issues, performance issues and overall system health concerns
- Supports and implements business computing environments
- The responsibilities listed are an overview of the position, additional duties may be assigned
Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work:
Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge:
Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all organization levels of an academic healthcare practice.
- Exceptional ability to participate as an individual contributor and team player with high attention to detail in a dynamic, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- The ability to multitask effectively on multiple projects.
- Detail oriented.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Customer service skills: Proven track record of successfully managing client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and shift priorities as required while remaining professional and calm under tight deadlines and due dates
- Demonstrated proficiency in using applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Smartsheet, and Tableau. Working knowledge with scripting languages and/or SQL databases a plus.
- Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Walking: Moving about on foot.
Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.