Sales associate needed at high-end homewares pop-up shop in Noho.
Founded in 2014 by the founder of Manhattan restaurants il Buco and il Buco Alimentari, il Buco Vita is a collection of handmade tableware, ceramics, home decor as well as antiques, all sourced by artisan producers throughout the Italian countryside.
We are seeking a seasonal sales associate for the holiday season, however the position has the potential to evolve into a regular role for the right candidate.
- Sales associates will serve as customer's primary point of contact on the floor and take first initiative to generate sales
- Execute entire every step of sale process, from greeting to close, in addition to taking responsibility for all follow-up communication and shipping arrangements as needed
- Provide highest standard of customer service, including supplying styling guidance, conveying product knowledge and brand history, and resolving issues
- Assist store team with operational tasks such as conducting inventory, visual merchandising, packing web and wholesale purchases, and managing shipments
- Min. of 2 yrs selling experience (furniture/décor experience strongly preferred)
- Able to start training ASAP
- Available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with keen sensitivity to customer's needs and required level of assistance
- Can quickly master Vita's vast product offering, and capable of effectively communicating detailed product knowledge to prospective clients in order to facilitate sales and raise brand awareness
- Team-player, both able to take direction from owner / management or delegate tasks to support staff when appropriate Ability to work varied hours/days, inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays
- Experience working with Shopify and UPS.com strongly preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- high-end retail sales: 2 years (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Morning (Required)