Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
- Deliver learning solutions that build capability while delivering business results.
- Structure, create and/or modify existing learning content into material suitable for bite-sized learning.
- Design and develop engaging content, primarily using tools like PowerPoint, Camtasia, Goanimate, amongst others.
- Create project estimates and ensure timely delivery.
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders owning the project right up to its delivery.
- Develop best practices on content creation for distributed and on-the-go sales teams and other functions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing content and how we can create a better experience in the future.
- Coach subject matter experts in identifying learning that is measurable and actionable as well as just in time vs just in case.
- Provide reporting to review findings, determine next steps
- Provide consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions.
- Partner with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate distributed learning solutions.
- Create storyboards, scripts, scenario-based instruction, and other advanced learning strategies to meet the needs of the learners.
- Provide expertise in the creation of processes and implementation of distributed learning.
- Perform the actual detailed development of course materials or courseware, as well as product testing and maintenance.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify strategically aligned learning and development initiatives, designing and developing training courseware in a variety of delivery modes (e.g., instructor led training, self-paced training, virtual, blended, app based), managing external vendors to collaborate in content creation, as well as providing input on measures regarding business impact and effectiveness of deployed learning solutions.
- BA/BS in Business, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development & Effectiveness, Instructional Design, or related field required and/or certifications in a variety of L&D areas
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 Years of successful Learning & Development Experience
- Experience working with IT Systems
- Media Design
- 5+ Years Facilitated and/or Non-Facilitated Educational Design experience
- Instructional Design Experience
- Project Management
- Experience with sales and retail business environment.
- Advanced level of knowledge of professional design tools, such as PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Learning Management Systems, Online Classrooms (Skype, Zoom, Adobe Connect) to build effective and repeatable training content
- Experience with creating content in an app based forum
- Experience managing large scale roll outs
- Experience managing change and leading groups to consensus
- Knowledge of Learning Management and eLearning design.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age,
pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other
consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.