Blue Sky Pest Control is hiring full-time Pest Control Technicians (Exterminators); $47,000 - $57,000 (DOE; includes hourly pay). No Experience needed; we provide paid training (including state licensing). Offices located in Phoenix and Gilbert, Arizona.
Benefits at a Glance
- Consistent and stable work environment year-round: No layoffs or furloughs, even in 2020. Consistent growth every year in business (est. 1999).
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package: 401K with employer match, medical, tele medical, mental health, dental, vision, 7 paid holidays and paid time off (12 days first year, 17 days after 4 years).
- Company truck and other resources: We want you to have the tools to be successful, so we provide a company truck which can be taken home, gas card, work phone, and uniforms
- Opportunities for continued learning and advancement. We provide an extensive training program and a formal progression model. Earning potential increases as knowledge and skills grow.
- Work with a winning and collaborative team. Blue Sky has been ranked the #1 pest control company by Ranking Arizona in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. Your opinion matters. Much of our success can be contributed to ideas from our technicians.
- Work with high character colleagues. All employees receive background checks prior to employment. The state requires fingerprinting for all new technicians. All Employees must also pass an initial drug screening and continued random drug screenings.
- Find a long-term home. Enjoy a supportive work culture surrounded by knowledgeable team members invested in your success. High retention is key; over 50% of our team members have been with us for over 5 years.
What Success Looks Like
- You enjoy making customers happy
Our mission is to exceed customer expectations. Technicians are the face of the company, and our success is built on your ability to do right by the customer.
- You see the glass half full
You strive to maintain a positive attitude, even in adversity. You try to be a light to those around you. You look at challenging situations as opportunities to solve a problem.
- You enjoy working independently
You are of high character and take care of the customer by being honest, hardworking and accountable.
You take pride in your work, even when no one is watching.
You can keep a steady pace during the day. Blue Sky is committed to scheduling the correct amount of time to do the job right. You are committed to providing excellent results by following the scope of service.
You can tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, including seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations since most of your day is spent outdoors.
- You enjoy continued learning
Our success is directly tied to our technicians' skillset and working knowledge. Blue Sky stays up to date on all innovative equipment and products. We will provide the tools and resources necessary to assist your professional development.
In the field training, online training modules, weekly team training, and supervisor support are all provided to help you succeed.
- You communicate effectively
You communicate effectively with customers, proactively addressing questions and concerns (e.g., treatment application, payment collection, rescheduling).
You collaborate effectively with team members as we work together to exceed customer expectations.
- You are committed to safety
You can safely lift, push and pull equipment, bend, squat, crawl, reach, climb over and on top of structures. In addition, you can ascend and descend stairs and ladders, occasionally working at heights.
You properly maintain a company truck and equipment, reporting any issues in a timely manner. Your have a valid driver's license in good standing.
You are capable of safely using application equipment, inspection equipment, small hand tools, and small power tools.
You are willing to properly use personal protective equipment.
You follow Blue Sky protocols, derived from CDC guidelines, to ensure the safety of customers, team members, and yourself from COVID-19.
If a career as a Pest Control Route Service Technician sounds like fit, Please Apply Today!
We welcome candidates from other hard-working blue-collar industries such as construction, lawn care, landscape, retail, security, grocery, restaurants, janitorial and other customer service-oriented background. You bring the right attitude and customer service experience, and we will provide the training.
Blue Sky Pest Control is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote diversity through a culture of inclusion and opportunity. We actively seek transitioning military personnel and veterans. We offer a drug-free environment.