Senior Resident Project Representative - (156091)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Resident Project Representative, we'll count on you to:
- Work independently under broad, general supervision and in conjunction with the Design Project Manager
- Write and issue field orders, initiate change proposals for design team review and approval, estimate cost of changes, negotiate costs with contractors, and recommend acceptance to the Project Manager
- Supervise and direct the activities of junior Resident Project Representatives and Construction Inspectors, testing services and subconsultants, with a specific focus of managing the field inspection staff performing resident engineer inspections, scheduling, preparation and negotiations of construction change orders, preparation of weekly / monthly project reports, budgeting and contractor payment reviews.
- Assist in identifying, resolving, and negotiating scope changes and to investigate, report, and assist in resolving project problems.
- Also have a role in helping to develop, grow and foster the growth of the CM group, particularly as it relates to transit related projects. This will include helping to position HDR for additional CM project work and active involvement in the hiring, training and mentoring of more junior staff.
- Will also be asked to apply expertise in CM to new and existing projects.
- Perform other duties as needed
Senior Resident Engineer, Resident Engineer, Senior Resident Project Representative, Construction Management, job #156091, *LI-MP1
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
8+ years progressive experience on multi-disciplinary transit/rail related projects, in construction inspection and resident engineering.
Experience working with public transit agencies, such as MBTA
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be computer literate, experience with Microsoft Office, Primavera and related PC software packages used on design and construction projects.
- Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Oct 18, 2019