Job Summary: Penza Bailey Architects is seeking an Architectural Designer in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry. He/she will be design-oriented, talented and motivated, with a strong expertise in detailing diverse project types for private and public clients. Penza Bailey Architects, an award-winning Baltimore area firm and a small business, provides architectural design, interior architecture, and planning services for clients of all sizes. Our firm's expertise includes custom residential, commercial and institutional work. Additionally, we are experts in Americans with Disabilities compliance.
- Architectural degree from an accredited institution
- 5 to 7 years of architectural project management experience
- Strong communication skills for clear and concise written or verbal presentations
- Proficient in Revit
- Licensed Architects are desired
- Leadership – Must have the ability to lead by example, mentoring younger staff and working well with others, as a leader in a respectful team environment.
- Dedication – To her/his own professional development, as well as the success of colleagues and the overall success of the firm.
- Production skills – Ability to critically think and problem solve to complete tasks efficiently with attention to detail, especially in the preparation of effective and concise documents. Proficient in Revit.
- Attitude – Positive and customer-oriented with a desire to provide outstanding professional services for all clients.
Benefits of joining the Penza Bailey Architects Team:
- Culture – Penza Bailey Architects provides a bright, colorful office environment, which has become home to a diverse, creative and collaborative team culture based upon respect. Individual voices are important and continuing education and professional growth are strongly encouraged.
- Location – The renovated Homeland Post Office building, one mile south of Belvedere Square and the historic Senator Theatre, is centrally located in Baltimore and free parking is plentiful.
- Compensation – Generous compensation and bonus packages, including strong Health Insurance (80%, as well as FULL deductible), 100% Dental Insurance, 100% Short and Long-term Disability insurance, a 401k match with unlimited access to financial advisor, and also a Profit-sharing program. We understand the importance of Salary commensurate with experience and Paid Time Off with Flexibility.
- Leadership – A leadership track for future firm leaders and unlimited growth opportunities for individuals eager to take on responsibility toward their rewarding career in architecture.
- Open access – An open-door policy, with access available to all project contracts, budgets, timesheets, and management tracking with ArchiOffice software.
- Continuing Education – Weekly lunch and learn training sessions help satisfy education and architectural licensing requirements for employees.
- Community – The firm’s philosophy includes a strong sense of community and promoting architectural projects that support local non-profits, including pro-bono projects. The entire team is encouraged to serve their favorite non-profit organizations, with firm support as needed, expanding architecture into the community.
- Reputation – We have established a strong reputation for high quality professional services and design, and enjoy the opportunity to work with many repeat clients.
- Fun – Good times are important! A peek at some recent Perks include an all-expense paid trip to Chicago for all employees and guests in celebration of our staff and anniversary; holiday party held this year at the prestigious Center Club; Orioles tickets, birthday celebrations, and more….
Applicants may apply directly from our web site. Upload cover letter, resume, and portfolio: http://penzabailey.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Architecture: 5 years (Required)