MFR Consultants, is currently recruiting for a full-time, IT Field Service Technician / Help Desk Support person(s) to work on a government contract located in Philadelphia, PA.
Responsibilities Include :
- Provides primary (Level 1) support of mobile devices, laptops and desktops hardware issues, outages for equipment deployed in various locations/depots within the City of Philadelphia.
- Resolves problems as presented from the client.
- Maintains accurate, effective, and timely incident response documentation.
- Enters incidents into ticketing system. Ensures resolution within the documented Service Level Agreement timeframes.
- Call and schedule visits to each depot every morning as needed to ensure proper functioning of tablets and devices in the field. Performs daily pickups of HW from depots throughout the City. Transport replacement hardware when applicable.
- Provides on call support: Diagnoses potential problems over the phone. IT Field Service Technician will either travel to client and fix issue or will retrieve the system from the client depot and repair at central facility, as needed.
- Actively communicates technical issues or project details to the Team Manager and technical team.
- Documents and maintains records of end user issues, network issues, and hardware/software repair status.
- Must be able to troubleshoot complex problems with multiple technical sources, such as, any software and hardware problems through debugging, testing, and prime contractor/vendor assistance.
- Provide support in the installation and coordination of system wide software/hardware updates/upgrades if requested.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers or clients; answer Field inquires on application use and document requests in ticketing system.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree with at least 3 years’ experience in an IT Field/Help Desk capacity or a Bachelor’s degree with at least of 1+ year(s) experience in the IT Field/Help Desk capacity.
- Working knowledge of mobile devices, laptops and desktops routers, switches, tablets, wireless devices.
- Experience with Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 and or CF 20 Panasonic Toughbooks is a plus.
- Experience on installing and maintaining new hardware (GPS, docks, and cables).
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD).
- Experience with data backup and recovery, Experience with Cyberlink, Acronis Image is a plus.
- Experience working with mobile broadband, VPN clients, and wireless access; LifeNet Wireless Gateway experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Aladtec scheduling software and Intermedix FleetEyes software and Medios EHR software is a plus.
- CompTIA Network +, CompTIA A+, and MCSE Certifications (preferred)
- Experience working in a field support environment.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret situations.
- Strong analytical and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain honesty, integrity and authenticity in all work, and gains the confidence and trust of others by doing so.
- Ability to allocate time and resources effectively.
- A valid non-expired US driver’s license.
- Must possess your own reliable transportation/personal vehicle that can be used to travel locally between facilities with equipment to provide technical support to clients (mileage will be reimbursed).
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia area will be a plus.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, and stand as it relates to job functions.
We offer a very competitive salary, benefits and a great collaborative team. We look forward to you coming onboard to assist us with this project!
MFR Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Job Type: Full-time