- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Direct management experience for employees in a retail, distribution, or logistics environment
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and or evenings.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of transportation / truckload operations.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer and wireless technology
Amazon is looking for highly motivated, curious operations leaders who can cut through ambiguity to improve our processes and constantly innovate on behalf of our customers.
We are seeking Assistant Manager for our AmazonFresh and Prime Now network throughout the United States. These leaders will help us solve some of the biggest fulfillment and delivery challenges within the online grocery segment, and deliver solutions that provide customers with the best online grocery experience. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
A candidate with prior warehouse fulfillment or grocery operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage associates, partners, and operational metrics. In these roles, you will have broad responsibility of operations including but not limited to Inbound, Outbound, inventory management, and people engagement. Where the path forward is unclear, we partner and drive solutions with our support teams but often, you will be expected to be the front-line contact and first point of entry for our associate, vendors and delivery partners.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are:
safety, quality, customer experience, and cost. As a front-line leader, you will be the main point of contact for many Amazon support teams requiring excellent soft skills. Through these relationships, you will invent new strategies that will help improve our associate and customer experience. As an Assistant Manager, it is expected that you will be able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment, communicating and interacting with your direct Operations manager on a daily basis.
Additional Job Elements
- Lift and move product up to 49 pounds
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FCs Chilled ambient and frozen space with great frequency.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Able to travel within your designated city 100% and outside 10%.
- Flexibility in schedule as you may be required to work any day of the week, across daily operating hours
- Effectively communicate with internal and external partners
- Problem solve complex solutions to find scrappy, scaleable solutions for customers and associates
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in engineering, operations, or related field.
- Experience in transportation industry is a plus.
- Strong computer skills using MS office products.
- Management of a minimum of 30 employees
- Interest in long term career development through assignments in multiple fulfillment centers across the nation
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to problem solve and prioritize with little guidance
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of associates and management
- Knowledge of existing Amazon Warehouse Management systems or equivalent
- Experience leading kaizen or continuous improvement events
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age