Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Ensure the goals and needs of the property, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Partner with Supervisor, Board of Directors and internal departments to develop and lead the introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives.
- Act as liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution to questions/problems.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of contract between the association, vendors, and FirstService Residential.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are being met. Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
- Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process.
- Conduct an introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available services, and explain the communities' rules and regulations.
- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and action plans in order to improve the property. Process and manage violations and close them out regularly.
- Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in Connect including but not limited to work orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report. Fulfill all company Connect compliance expectations throughout the year.
- Observe safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide a safe work environment. Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety procedures. Adhere to and maintain established Hurricane procedures.
- Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
- Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
- Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and report variances; submit invoices in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy.
- Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained within budget.
- Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
- Update Association communications and ensure current information is displayed on the association boards and website. Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents as required.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage the communication and compliance of SOP's within teams, managers and internal and external customers.
- Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations, documents and manuals as required.
- Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association and maintain up to date equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book.*
- Directly or indirectly supervise employees within the assigned properties.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university
- Three years experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge and ability to apply state Statutes and Community's documents.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making ability.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions at an onsite community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Travel to various sites and/or Regional offices.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)