- Management Experience
- Supervising Experience
Job Title: General Manager
Reports To: District Manager or Area Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: The General Manager helps cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of cafe operations and floor management including food, beverage, equipment and property. He/she facilitates fulfillment of cafe goals and company initiatives. The General Manager must provide leadership and vision to the cafe staff in support of Paris Baguette’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Achieves financial objectives by developing and monitoring the performance of financial operational plans/budgets, sales & marketing plans to support the overall objectives of the Company. Controls labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the facility. Schedules, plans and organizes work and communicates goals. Ensures staff compliance of standards and procedures, identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves issues.
- Manages multiple departments effectively. Conducts weekly (or as-needed) meetings with management team to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company’s goals. Reviews weekly/monthly P&L statements, works with management team and develops action plans to grow revenue and control expenses that meet or exceed annual budgets.
- Hires, trains and supports cafe management and cafe staff.
- Manages direct reports to accomplish performance goals. Provides developmental coaching and guidance for long-term career growth opportunities to all direct reports. Trains, conducts planning sessions and performance reviews with direct reports and disciplines when necessary.
- Supervises and directs regular training of all staff. Ensures that all employees are trained in guest service, food & beverage operations, loss prevention and all relevant company operating standards.
- Fosters high staff morale and effective performance management.
- Addresses cafe level HR and loss prevention issues by collaborating with the appropriate HR and LP support partners. Maintains an open door policy at all times and facilitates proper communication between all departments.
- Achieves and maintains overall guest service goals through their teams. Oversees the guest service model, ensures guest complaints are resolved appropriately, and that appropriate service recovery gestures are made to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Proactively builds guest relations by establishing rapport with current and future guests to understand service requirements.
- Develops and implements creative strategies to increases revenue.
- Increases catering sales revenue through effective management of sales initiatives and creates actionable and measurable sales deliverables.
- Provides consistent and superior food & beverage experience.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable occupational, health and safety regulations and laws. Creates an environment where safety comes first. Oversees Safety Program and assures company’s safety policies are followed.
- Monitors cafe appearance and ensures problems are resolved expeditiously.
- Must become certified in the Paris Baguette specified food safety program within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays, as well as, extended workdays to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: AGM, Manager(s), KM
QUALIFICATIONS: General Managers possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals (customers, vendors, and employees), solid communication skills, strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.). Thorough working knowledge of POS register systems; experience utilizing word-processing, spreadsheets, inventory, internet and related PC based systems. Basic business math, accounting skills and strong analytical/decision-making skills. General Managers must be strong team players and people developers, possess a high level of profit and loss capability, and sales and marketing skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred and a minimum of two to three years general management. Two to three years of progressive management experience with staff supervision required. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 4 years (Required)
- Food Industry: 2 years (Required)
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)