Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist - USBEC for its Cary, North Carolina location. You will be performing relevant Accounts Payable, tasks as a committed team member to meet the needs of ABB’s core business partners and to contribute to ABB’s vision of a world class Accounts Payable department for the Accounting Center, identify and drive best in class processes on Account Payable field. The job requires an individual with specialized subject matter expertise in complex accounting scenarios and other related functions (i.e. BasWare, Oracle, JP Morgan, line-level matching, e-Invoicing, GRIR and data analysis). The individual will also act as a point of contact the Accounts Payable Team for level II inquiries; give input on decisions that have considerable impact and consequences involving highly specialized and technical areas requiring application and interpretation of data, facts, procedures, policy, and law.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform necessary activities / tasks within the Accounts Payable department to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and to standardize and harmonize processes across the country (Country-wide solutions).
- Prepare business recommendations based on analysis of business trends and root causes.
- Perform analysis of specific Accounts Payable accounts on a regular basis and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Complies with and help to achieve internal SOX control and Internal Audit requirements in Invoice Processing for applicable templates.
- Supports AP Supervisor as required with activities such as GBS customer training, communication and escalation of issues within senior analyst’s job scope.
- Support projects including but not limited to creation of test plan, testing and execution, project scope validation, assessments and end user impact.
- Applies the ABB Group Accounting standards, complies with ABB’s Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, local GAAP policies, and complies with ABB Group Charter.
- Commits to a culture of learning.
- Provide information and technical support in the development and revision of policies and software applications.
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- Maintain procedures, relevant work instructions and process documentation.
- Responsible for monitoring timelines to meet strict deadlines for all assigned tasks.
- Interact with various levels of management within and outside of GBS; internal and external constituents (business units and suppliers).
- Research and resolve complex invoice and payment issues for both internal and external constituents (business units and suppliers).
- Works within the internal control environment for the Accounts Payable Department.
- Perform Ad-Hoc request from management.
- Meets commitments and delivers high quality services to all applicable stakeholders.
- Commits to and deliver professional ownership of service levels.
- Commits to customer focus and customer satisfaction to ensure business partners and suppliers are provided the service levels required.
- Identifies best practice and communicates that to management.
- Commits to supporting colleagues and team goals with respect to workflows, processing requirements, projects and other activities as assigned.
- Act as back-up to others Account Payable Analysts.
- Participates in special projects as necessary to support the Invoice Processing, Disbursement and Accounts Payable departments.
- Contributes to team spirit and ownership of processes.
- Contributes to development and training of other team members.
- Supports and participate in safety, compliance, business ethics, Group Charter, communications and other related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferred in accounts payable, order entry, inventory management, general accounting, accounts receivable and/or partner master data.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Ability to apply advanced analytical and critical thinking skills to daily work activities.
- Goal oriented and “Can Do” approach to assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Drive to accept and seek out feedback to improve work product.
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and internal control procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication and commitment.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the issues facing a business and successfully collaborate with the business to identify root causes and provide resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively direct and prioritize multiple and complex projects to completion within deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft suite of software packages (Excel and Word).
- SCM knowledge.
- Knowledge of ABB Group Accounting standards and local GAAP.
- Invoice Processing Workflow.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Finance Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-03-05
Job Function Finance
Publication ID US68308430_E1