Job Title: Client Services Shift Lead
Wag Hotels provide the community a unique, professionally managed, leading-edge delightful alternative to conventional pet boarding facilities. Wag Hotels has the look and feel of a first-class hotel. We are conveniently located in Redwood City and feature 24/7 animal pick up and drop off.
A Shift Lead is an employee recognized by Wag Hotels management team as having the required skill and determination to effectively run the hotel in the absence of a manager. A shift lead is a leader across all departments of the hotel and offers support to both front and back of house and is dedicated to the overall success of the hotel as a whole.
The Client Services team members are responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Guest check-in / check outs.
- Understand dog behaviors and know how to approach them upon check-in.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to use good judgement in resolving customer complaints.
- Ability to pick up knowledge of both front of house and back of house departments
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to handle stress and make decisions quickly
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to type at least 50 wpm
- Accurately record and maintain reservation requests and records.
- Comfortable composing narratives and sending correspondences to customers
- Managing multi line phone system.
- Process incoming fax transmittal's, email inquiries, and other misc. client requests.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in the English language.
- Organized and uses time management skills to stay on task to assigned duties.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- MUSTbe available to work holidays, weekends and nights.
- Ideal availability as early as 6:00a and as late as 10:30p.
Key Job Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Communication- includes written and oral communication. Shift leads are expected to check in with management team daily, communicate guest, employee and client concerns as they arise, coordinate meeting agendas, and attend all departmental meetings. Shift leads also need to possess the ability to effectively communicate with employees and clients.
- New Hire Training - including hands on training of new hires, managing & updating training check lists, and sending out weekly training updates to management team & fellow shift leads. This also includes making recommendations to the management team about employees who may be good candidates for cross training, be better suited in a different department, or show signs that they may not be a good fit for the position.
- Hotel Cleanliness - including daily and weekly facility walk trough’s, upkeep of the tour route. Also includes misc. projects as assigned.
- Guest Behavior & Health - Ability to recognize and anticipate guest health and behavior concerns. This includes evaluating guest health and behavior, making decisions regarding needs for grooming/bathing, room and amenity changes, specialized care, and vet care. Also includes communicating those needs to the client as well as the team and making proper notation in animal software system.
- Employee Issues - Ability to identify employee issues such as poor work quality, dress code violations, cell phone violations, minor attendance issues, and other policy violations. Also includes taking steps to rectify the issue and document those situations via email to the management team.
- Client Concerns - Ability to resolve client concerns by showing genuine concern and empathy to the client and offering a discount or comp service when needed. Also includes communicating these concerns to the management team through proper format of client concern emails and notation in the animal software system.
- Emergency Protocol - Ability to operate both front and back of house in an emergency situation.
- Facility Maintenance - includes knowledge of maintenance google doc, knowledge of vendor list, Zamboni maintenance, and ability to communicate needs for maintenance and repairs to management team.
- Inventory & Ordering - includes taking weekly inventory and placing supply orders when needed. Shift leads should work with Operations Manager on inventory and ordering schedule.
Wag Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability. We are always accepting applications.
Key words: animal, animals, dogs, pets, pet hotel, dog daycare, hotel, daycare, dog, pet, pet boarding, dog boarding, cats, cat, cat boarding, kennel, animal care, pet care, animal services, lead, shift lead, supervisor, leader, client services, customer service, hospitality
Job Type: Full-time
- animal: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)