The Product Development Engineer is responsible for supporting new product development and providing design engineering support to our sales and business development team. This is done by providing innovative solutions and product offerings that complement AROW’s capability with customer needs through a product development process.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Reporting to the VP of Product Engineering, the Product Development Engineer will support all aspects of new product design and improvement. This includes the business case, design, development, documentation, manufacturability and implementation into production.
- The Product Development Engineer is responsible for leading the design process concurrently with quality, manufacturing, purchasing, inventory control and sales departments.
- Concept proposal
- Project Management of product design projects guided by and Advanced Quality Planning Process.
- Product definition through engineering drawings and specifications.
- Support development and maintenance of bill of materials.
- Assist with first article inspections (FAI) on in-house designs and customer supplied drawings and samples.
- Research new suppliers and technology needed to support product development
- Direct the testing and prototyping activities
- Evaluate product effectiveness on and off site and provide direction on or take the necessary corrective actions.
- 3-5 years related engineering experience
- 3D CAD modeling experience in Solid Works.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Associates Degree or Diploma
- Prior window experience in mobile products or in the transportation industry is an asset.
- Prior experience with glazing materials for transportation applications desired.
- Experience working with industry standards such at DOT, SAE, ASTM, and ANSI desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to communication with manufacturing personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
AROW Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time