Building, translating and guiding the application of nutrition knowledge to inspire and enable Nestlé product category specific Nutrition, Health and Wellness ambition while Creating Shared Value.
Nutrition Guidance & Inspiration for I&R:
- Guide Nutrition, Dietary and Dietetic dimension in to I/R.
- Conduct nutritional assessments for Nutrition Superiority for each new product developed. Ensure data quality and completeness. Nutrition, Health and Wellness Leader in the Idea to Launch process, NF/NCA deliverables. Provide Nutrition policies guidance & implementation support.
- Contribute to nutritional criteria definition for nutritional assessments for product category together with category expert at NPTC.
- Contribute with nutrition dimension to Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy of the business/product category based on SBU and Portfolio Analysis.
- Drive consumer centric Nutrition, Health and Wellness communication including claims development, substantiation & deployment. Ensure a scientific basis for Nutrition, Health and Wellness – related concepts and proposed communications including products’ labelling.
- Provide Nutrition education & knowledge transfer for internal stakeholders: PTC/R&D staff on category specific nutrition & knowledge transfer
1. Be actively involved to provide nutrition & scientific support at all stages of Idea to Launch process (Identify, Refine, Prepare and Deliver) & where applicable, provide claims substantiation. Responsibility for reporting of Nutrition, Health and Wellness KPIs. Interpret scientific nutritional facts into product communication.
2. Increase nutritional dimension of Nestlé product category. Guide, inspire & provide nutritional inputs toward NF/NCA achievement. Manage the nutrient profiling activities (i.e. 60/40+ nutritional assessments/NF checks) in line with central NNPS guidance & considering available criteria of local Pledges (i.e. EU, SEAR pledge) for all new and renovated products. Provide input on category specific nutritional criteria/targets for NNPS maintenance/evolution.
3. Guide and support the implementation of Nutrition Policies and enforce product compliance
4. Be recognized as a nutrition specialist of the particular product category by R&D, Markets and Business partners. Provide nutrition guidance for category of expertise.
Nutrition Communication & Education:
1. Increase the nutrition knowledge aptitude of Nestlé staff at R&D and run training on NNPS & Nestlé Nutrition Policies for key PTC & R&D stakeholders (e.g. Project Managers), market peers/ business partners. NQ training content and brand integrity responsibility.
2. Train Application Groups serving the same product category on NNPS & guide Policies implementation. Ensure basic & category specific nutrition knowledge transfer from R&D to AG. Category specific nutrition education to PTC/R&D staff.
3. Drive consumer centric Nutrition, Health and Wellness communication including claims development, substantiation & deployment. Translate nutrition knowledge in to simplified concepts and guide nutritional on pack communication & education (e.g. on the label: front of the pack/ in the nutrition compass for master label text)
4. Explore and communicate nutritional opportunities internally for business.
Empowerment of Nutrition, Health and Wellness:
1. Contribute to Nestlé’s recognition as the leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. Provide appropriate nutrition knowledge & guidance to support category Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy & actions.
2. Actively participate & contribute to the Nutrition Network activities (e.g. workshops, trainings, live meetings, etc.) and collaborate with other R&D Networks. Share knowledge, tools and services in particular with colleagues serving the same product category. Cross-fertilize experiences and best practices among peers. Functional reporting to Nutrition Network.
3. Be the spoke person for nutritional content for the R&D community at Nutrition, Health and Wellness internal events.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- M.S. degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or life science field with nutrition specialization and Dietetics credential (e.g., Registered Dietitian or equivalent); (also matured working as specialist/expert in nutrition)
- 3-5 yrs. experience as Market/ R&D/ NRC Nutritionist
- Food science understanding /knowledge is a plus especially in the food category of expertise.
- Prior experience in the food industry and public health nutrition organization is an asset
- Ability to Travel 10%
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.