Capabilities connects the dots between the person and their future. As Ohio’s largest private provider of career rehabilitation, we provide flexible, personalized community employment services for people with disabilities. Started in 1997 by a former special education teacher and her husband, today more than 160 Capabilities employees proudly serve people in over three-fourths of Ohio.
We are looking for a Driving Instructor who displays an overall commitment to the organization’s mission, policies, and procedures, who also believes that all persons, regardless of disability, have a right to work and participate in the community of their choice. The position would involve working with persons served out of our Dayton office. The Driving Instructor should be able to explain the basic mechanical workings of vehicles to student drivers as well as demonstrate and explain how to operate a vehicle. Driving Instructors are also responsible for educating students on road safety and traffic laws and regulations in order for them to take their driver’s license tests. We assist with ensuring you become a fully certified instructor in the state of Ohio through extensive training.
Join us in creating opportunities and helping people connect the dots!
- A high school degree or its equivalent is required.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written skills; proficiency on a computer; and strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to be insured by company insurance for the use of company vehicles with a clean driving record: no more than four points, no DUI's/OVI's within the last five years, etc.
- Ability to pass a background and drug screening meeting Ohio Adm. Code 5101:3-45-11 for Disqualifying Offenses (a list of the disqualifying offenses can be provided if needed).
- Driving instructors need advanced driving skills and a thorough knowledge of traffic laws and regulations.
- Driving instructor should be knowledgeable about the mechanical and practical operation of vehicles and defensive driving techniques.
- Ability to be alert and have excellent reflexes to avoid possible accidents; hand-eye coordination and hearing are crucial.
- Ability to be cheerful, patient, and remain calm in emergencies; a positive person who does their job with enthusiasm and exhibits this to their students, family members of students, and management.
- Physical ability to sit in vehicle for up to an eight-hour shift and physical ability to stand to teach three-hour class (if applicable).
***If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Carly Vosberg at (740) 249-4217 ext. 5010.
Medical Insurance, Vision/Dental to start after 89 days, 401K to start after one year, Paid Time Off, $14 to $15 hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Our consultants utilize face coverings (face shields when necessary) and sanitize company vehicles when needed. Persons served are requested to wear a face covering as well. All staff must complete a daily health self-assessment before reporting to work.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Company's Facebook page: