With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Global Procurement organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. As the Director of Strategic Finance, you will join one of the most dynamic global consumer brands in a role at the heart of 2x speed and 2x innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and supporting strategic business planning and performance management processes dedicated to Procurement. Business planning activities include managing the budgeting, forecasting and reporting process for Procurement’s operating budget driving timely and consistent financial analysis that identifies trends, risks, and opportunities to help our business partners deliver against their operating strategies. You will also directly provide strategic financial guidance to the business through the internal business planning deliverables (CSR, RTP, AOP) ensuring that all related finance deliverables are complete, well-constructed and on-time. Performance Management activities including partnering cross functionally to unlock value across the enterprise end-to-end.
On a daily basis, you will engage with members of Procurement’s leadership team, HR, Controlling, Legal, Global Operations Finance, and Global Business Planning.
Proven information-seeking and analytical skills, an attention to detail paired with the ability to see the bigger picture, strong organizational skills, and the ability to simplify the complex will all be critical to your success. A focus on anticipating problems, identifying opportunities, providing creative solutions and seeking continuous improvement will also benefit you in this role. Finally, effective written and verbal communication skills are imperative as you partner with teammates of all levels in various functions worldwide.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in working with data and insights, specifically in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, and/or accounting a plus
- Self-starter with ability to manage work in multiple areas and experienced in leading virtual, cross-functional, globally dispersed team.
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is a plus
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP (BW, ECCS), TM1 and/or Tableau is preferred
- Procurement experience not required, but at least 5 years’ experience combined in business analytics, strategic planning, consulting or procurement.