Be part of a rapidly growing company where your skills and experience can make a difference. Boyd Sleep is a manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of sleep products, including Boyd-branded as well as licensed products under the well-known brands of Thomasville, Broyhill, Simmons Beautyrest and Drexel Heritage.
Our company was started in 1977 by Dennis Boyd and is one of the top-tier sleep products companies in the country. We retain employees, some 20+ years, due to our innovative entrepreneurial spirit and family-like atmosphere.
This position is highly regarded in our company and holds responsibilities for ensuring a model of purchasing that delivers the right product, from the right vendor at the right time to support our ever-growing customer base.
- Review, maintain and manage demand and product flow information across all SKUs and two warehouse facilities.
- Understand and manage the logistics and procurement agreements across the supplier network to ensure product is purchased in the proper quantities to maintain a balanced level of in-stock availability, coupled with just-in-time receivings.
- Ensure quality standards are met for the production of all products (both foreign and domestic).
- Negotiate Ocean Freight rates.
- Source, negotiate and maintain quality assurance on all products, including but not limited to Boyd, Licensed-Branded, Accent, as well as all Point-of-Sale product.
- Attend trade shows as needed: Currently we have two shows per year in Las Vegas. Responsible for assisting/coordinating with showroom set up for each show.
- Work with COO to establish and maintain a framework of KPIs that help to inform critical product decision-making.
- Responsible for Inventory management (including Inventory turns, % of orders shipped on time and complete)
- Assist with end of life product sales by providing critical and timely product data Communicate updates to key departments regarding the status of out of stock product, replenishment dates, new product arrivals as well as new point-of-service arrivals
- Optimally multiple-source all products to yield competitive and efficient supplier network channel
- Initiate, lead and support cost savings initiatives to reduce total cost of ownership and improve efficiencies.
- Actively engage with Research & Development, Quality Assurance, Operations, Sales and Marketing disciplines in finished product improvements, new product development and new or improved processes.
- Support the supplier performance scorecard process by evaluating our suppliers and communicating that information to motivate and promote continuous process improvement.
- Lead one direct report (purchasing assistant)
- Assure compliance with all governmental agencies including 1632 and 1633 compliance/burn testing; CARB testing for Accent - (Formaldehyde testing for MDF)
- Assure that safety is engineered into all products
- Other duties as assigned
- This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer with daily interaction and direction also provided by CEO and Product Development management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 3 years (Required)