What's The Job
As Sous Chef, you'll assist the Executive Chef in directing kitchen activities and preparing delicious food, helping to create memorable experiences for our guests, when they dine with us. You'll ensure quality, kitchen maintenance and inventory functions kept to high standards to make sure the kitchen is always running smoothly.
Day to Day
- Assist in directing daily kitchen activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Assist developing the team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and assist in creating performance and development goals for colleagues. Recognize great performance.
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions when needed.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive.
- Promote teamwork and quality of service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of kitchen needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- You'll make sure our dishes are always at their best, we have standards, but it's your responsibility to make that room special and memorable for guests.
- Keep an eye on competitor activity/ industry innovation to develop your own ideas in the kitchen.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and environment are hygienic and working properly.
- Always follow governmental regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties, unexpected moments when we all have to pull together to get a task done.
- Encourage guest feedback to improve guest satisfaction.
- Answer guest questions about dishes and kitchen services.
- Help the Catering Manager with event planning.
- Assist in completing forecasts,plans and departmental production reports for management.
- Help prepare the hotel's annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen.
What We Need From You
- 3 years experience, at least one year in a supervisory capacity, or combination of education and culinary/ kitchen operations experience.
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference and building genuine connections with our guests.
- True Confidence: Having the knowledge and skills to perform your role and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay.
- True Listening: Focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked and understanding what the guest wants and needs.
- True Responsiveness: Providing the guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $39,500.00 /year
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- line cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Great Falls, MT 59405 (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly