Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources is seeking an energetic and motivated Community Support Specialist to work with children and adolescents and adult in Perry County. Position is located in Richton, MS. The Community Support Specialist position plays an important role in providing individualized support and guidance to assist with daily challenges for youth in Perry County.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live, work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Jones, Harrison, Hancock, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Perry, Stone, Pearl River, and Wayne Counties.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral healthcare required
- Reliable transportation to provide community services required
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record required
- Must have auto insurance with liability limits of 100,000/300,000/50,000 within 30 days of hire
- Must be eligible to obtain DMH case management certification within 90 days of hire
- Excellent communications skills required
- Experience working with children and adolescents preferred
- Case management experience preferred
- Conducts meetings with family.
- Provides advocacy, consultation and educational services to PBMHR consumers.
- Provides outpatient social services linkage, emergency intervention and crisis intervention services.
- Provides services for the family through home, school, or other community visits.
- Documents all services provided through electronic medical records by using collaborative documentation.