*BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
KCS West requires a highly motivated, innovative, business development professional who will initiate potential client contacts and develop and maintain relationships with existing clients. The Business Development Specialist is responsible for developing new business opportunities and driving strategic growth objectives.
Must have verifiable work experience in the Construction Industry in Los Angeles
- Seek business development opportunities to grow our market share in Los Angeles, developing relationships with empowered client contacts to grow our market share and achieve overall growth objectives.
- Drive strategic growth objectives. Perform market research to identify, qualify and prioritize potential markets, projects and customers. Develop strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet power market business development goals.
- Deliver exceptional presentations and proposals to clients to win business. Assist the development of major proposals. Organize and tender qualification data to clients. Lead the effort in developing presentation materials.
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Partner effectively with senior leadership and all internal departments such as estimating, operations, marketing, safety/quality, and IT in order to assist the business development effort.
- Create and expand KCS West’s footprint and build positive top-of-mind awareness.
- Spend majority of time outside the firm making contacts for future business opportunities
- Schedule meetings with new and existing clients to obtain project information and leads and other key indicators for the KCS West management team
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects. Develop and maintain a wide network through participation in industry committees and associations, representing the KCS West brand to increase our presence and visibility
- Coordinate and assist in the proposal process with KCS West marketing and project management teams.
- Team up with Director and marketing to develop new and repeat business.
- This position reports to the Director of Business Development and the Company President.
QUALIFICATIONS / KSAs:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Business Development experience (prefer 5-15 years) in the construction industry with a successful track record of building relationships.
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- Must be familiar with the function and operation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Should be familiar with and be able to manage market research applications.
- An analytical orientation toward monitoring key market trends/changes and the ability to take appropriate action to earn new business
- Demonstrated leadership, sales and strategic planning skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Works in the office and attends industry events, along with occasional project site visits.
Our core markets include retail, entertainment, hospitality, higher education, healthcare, general commercial and light industrial markets throughout Southern California and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development in the Construction Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules