Help deliver superior service to the patients at South Bay Hospital, part of the HCA West Florida hospital system. Our team strives to provide effective and efficient care in our newly renovated 138-bed hospital. Our new ICU/PCU patient tower, enhanced lobby, Café at the Bay with outdoor seating, Chapel and Gift Shop opened recently with all new amenities for patients, our employee team and visitors. We are proud to hold disease specific certification by The Joint Commission in Stroke, Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Heart Failure, and Sepsis. With new communities breaking ground each year, this is an ideal location to experience our commitment to your career and our community. We support our talented staff with advanced technologies throughout our hospital and Centers of Excellence including:
- Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, as a Top Performer On Key Quality Measures® Five Years In A Row and as One Of 480 Pioneers In Quality™ For 2017
- ACR® Accreditation In CT, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, MRI And Ultrasound
- Healthgrades® Five Star Recipient For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Hip Fracture Treatment And Pacemaker Procedures
- Ethisphere® lnstitute's World's Most Ethical Companies - HCA Healthcare
- State of the Art Emergency Department treating more than 27,000 emergencies annually
- New 26-bed ICU/PCU Critical Care Tower
- Heart and Vascular Center Diagnostic Cath Lab
- Center for Joint and Spine
- Center for Breast Health featuring 3D Mammography, Stereotactic Biopsy, Ultrasound, and Dexa Diagnostic Services
- Surgical Specialties including General, Breast, Vascular, Orthopedics, Urology and Gastroenterology
- Under the direct supervision of the surgeon, the First Assist prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and assists the physician during procedures. Assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR, the training of others, and functions as a resource within the department.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time