About the Position
We currently have an opening for a Data Migration Specialist who will develop data migration plans and execute data migration tasks in support of the implementation of our products.
Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and are central to our customer’s business operations – including customer communication, payment processing, and event management. Data Migration Specialists at Cobalt work with our customers to understand their business and how their source data is structured, and then build data maps and data conversion plans to accurately extract, transform, and load (ETL) the source data into the destination D365 system.
Successful hires in this position are individuals who are curious, organized, and motivated to deliver technology solutions to business problems, like collaborating with internal team members and external clients, and enjoy continuous learning as they keep pace with changes in complex technologies.
Cobalt seeks out talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 45 hours per week and is normally based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, Cobalt currently has a temporary telework policy in place for those who would prefer to work remotely at this time.
- Learn the intricacies of our core products.
- Engage with Cobalt’s customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- Perform data migration from a variety of data sources into Microsoft D365 through T-SQL, Kingsway Soft, Scribe, SSIS packages, or other ETL tools and techniques.
- Maintain data maps and data conversion packages for common data conversion sources in source control (TFS).
- Act as the project manager for migration-only projects by developing, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines, budgets, and scope.
- Assist with administering Microsoft SQL Server
- Assist with non-position-specific tasks (sales demonstrations, training new employees, etc.)
- Promote Cobalt at industry events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 3 years of SQL programming experience
- 1 - 3 years of data migration experience
- An interest in technology project management and desire to learn new technologies
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Great personality (patient, upbeat, friendly, and professional)
- Experience with Microsoft’s Power Platform
- Experience with SSIS packages
- Experience with data analysis and BI reporting
- Prior positions working with associations or certification boards
- Experience presenting technical content in-person
Cobalt provides all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, a training budget, and free parking as well as a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
The Data Migration Specialist position pays an annual salary of $86,500 - $104,000, based on experience with the opportunity to make up to 10% more in annual performance-based bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,500.00 - $104,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- SQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- data migration: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place