The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on multiple types of PLC controlled manufacturing equipment. This includes adjustments, routine set up changes and machine rebuilds. The ability to quickly troubleshoot and make timely repairs on electrical circuits, mechanical components and hydraulic and pneumatic systems is essential. The position will also perform various miscellaneous and non-standard duties as required. Such duties are diversified in nature and may be changed from time to time to suit the needs of the facility.
- Candidate must have a desire to continuously improve and a dedication to keeping machinery in their running state.
- Follow safety and quality guidelines
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Assist operations in machine setups and product changeover
- Work closely with operators to repair and or resolve machine dysfunctions and failures
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and repair in a timely manner
- Perform preventative maintenance on all plant equipment
- Perform occasional building and facility maintenance
- Work both supervised and unsupervised in a team and non team environment.
- Perform any manufacturing maintenance task as assigned
- Flexible hours and ability to work overtime as requested. Occasional shift extension if breakdowns occur at shift change
- Job is primarily indoors but is still a dusty, dirty and hot Phoenix environment
- 5 or more years of manufacturing maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to be an independent thinker and find solutions to problems and then implement those solutions
- Two year post secondary degree in applicable field preferred, experience is equally acceptable.
- Facilities background is a plus
- Highly motivated person that is able to handle a high volume of work with accuracy in a fast changing environment
- Strong mechanical skills including electromechanical, hydraulic. pneumatics and basic welding skills
- Can diagnose medium complexity circuits
- Has ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical prints
- Understands operation/setup of various electrical devices (i.e. sensors, motors, frequency drives)
- Understands safe work practices and has experience including but not limited to lockout, tag out, electrical safety, arc flash safety and confined space entry.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in English
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, safely lift up to 50lbs and work in a loud, hot and cold environment
- Varying weather conditions in the local area including: temperature extremes, dust, rain, wind, and snow.
- Exposure to gasoline, diesel fuel, motor oils, anti-freeze, cement dust, and electrical systems.
- Hearing protection and respiratory use required in designated locations.
- Requires the physical endurance to work 50-60 hours per week over a period of 5 to 7 days.
- Requires the ability to climb heights (steps, ladders, and ramp walkways with hand rails).
- Legs, feet, body and trunk are constantly used to stand, walk, turn, and twist upper body.
- Requires the ability to constantly use hands and arms to reach, grasp, finger, and feel.
- Hands, arms, legs, feet body and trunk are occasionally used to climb heights up to 10 feet.
- Legs, feet, body and trunk are intermittently used to sit, squat, crouch/stoop and bend.
- It is intermittently required to use hands, arms, legs, feet, body, and trunk to carry, lift/lower, push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Must have good vision and hearing (corrected if necessary).
- Must be able to handle the psychological stress of employee supervision, extended work hours, production demands, and equipment breakdowns or malfunctions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Maintenance: 5 years (Required)