Under the general direction of the Regional Sales Manager, this individual is responsible for managing his/her territory and achieving the monthly and annual sales targets; with a focus on supporting OEM Customers, Installers, Integrators, Design Houses and Cable Assemblers with Lapp product solutions. He/she will also manage the relationship and business opportunities with our authorized Channel Partners. Primary activities in this role are providing our customers with valued solutions to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and the pursuant of developing long-term customer relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Territory Management: utilizing CRM for customer pipeline management and Time and Territory Management for daily, weekly and monthly sales call planning including using the mobility app tools.
· Managing channel support of OEM opportunities and project business.
· Offering technical support for customer design requirements
· Utilize LAPP resources (Inside Sales, Product Management, Marketing) to maximize the support and growth opportunities within the territory. Communicate internally for order processing, especially for delivery requirements which must be met exactly as the customer requests. Re-confirm with customer as needed.
· Embrace the LAPP Sales Effectiveness Program culture (territory planning, account management and proven selling skills techniques) as the foundation of territory success.
· Coordinate end user joint sales call opportunities with territory counterparts.
· Connect with OEM representatives, gain relevant account data, and introduce Lapp as a solution for their power and data transmission needs, and obtain request for a test and trial proposal.
· Liaise closely with the Lapp technical staff or customer engineers to facilitate the design process, allowing Lapp products to be used and called out in the design drawings and BoM.
· Make contact and develop a harmonious relationship with any nominated sub-contractors responsible for installing, as well as the OEM’s purchasing department, with the goal of obtaining a contract to purchase Lapp products and solutions.
· Follow-up with the installation team before and during the installation process to ensure they are knowledgeable about the installation and all items (cables, glands, connectors) are being delivered as requested. Troubleshoot any gaps in service.
· At conclusion of the project, follow-up with OEM representatives (engineers, purchasing, installers) to check level of satisfaction, obtain written reference letter if possible. Maintain contact for future repeat orders or new installations.
Job Type: Full-time