United States-NY-New York | Full-time | Investment Banking and Capital Markets | Job ID 117397
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
An opportunity to join the Mergers & Acquisitions Group in the Investment Banking Department as a Vice President specialized in Media and Telecommunications. Our Mergers & Acquisitions Group is one of the world's top M&A advisory groups. For more than three decades, our M&A professionals have been at the forefront of providing advisory services to clients in many industries and countries.
The M&A Group consists of professionals located in New York, London, Hong Kong and around the globe. The Group has an unsurpassed level of industry, regional and product expertise, with a special expertise in executing cross-border transactions.
Whether advising on a multi-billion dollar merger or a $100 million divestiture, Credit Suisse brings superior innovation, experience and capabilities to each of our clients around the world.
As a Vice President you will:
- Assist in the origination and execution of corporate finance and M&A transactions for domestic and foreign, and public and private entities
- Manage teams of associates and analysts in the provision of financing and advisory services to clients
- Evaluate risk factors and negotiate transactions on behalf of clients
- Manage and execute tasks encompassing valuation, accounting and other technical issues with regard to transactions
- Oversee and perform comprehensive financial and mathematical modeling and analysis
Interested candidates must have completed an MBA or equivalent graduate degree and have at least four years of relevant Investment Banking experience. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, and seeks candidates with a common set of abilities:
- Relevant deal experience in M&A and capital raising
- Demonstrated ability to manage deal teams
- Extensive understanding of deal structuring
- Ability to independently interpret and discuss analytical data
- Demonstrated academic achievement, specifically in finance and accounting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities