Director of Health Information Management
Holy Family Senior Living, Inc. has an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Director of Health Information Management at our campus in Bethlehem, PA. Our community represents the highest standard of resident and patient driven care in the Lehigh Valley. Since 1963 and now we'd like to put these qualities to work for you and your career.
The Director of Health Information Management is responsible for the overall management of medical records, coding, and health information processes including the development and
implementation of health information policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include:
- Organizing and maintaining medical records and health information systems in compliance with federal, state and local requirements while meeting the needs of the facility.
- This position also functions as the Privacy Officer and oversees the Reception Desk and Bus Driver/Transportation staff.
The ability to work independently, interact with and maintain functional relationships with staff at all levels within and outside of the organization is required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health information management, health care or related field.
- RHIT or RHIA preferred.
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required.
- 5+ years’ experience in Health Information Management required, preferably in a skilled nursing or healthcare facility setting.
- 3+ years of successful supervisory or management experience required.
- Experience with diagnoses coding using the International Classification of Diseases
- Knowledge of regulations, survey process, accreditation standards and professional standards of practice related to long term care.
- Advanced computer and data entry skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities as cited above.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to create and maintain an atmosphere of high performance, collaboration and positive teamwork while embracing the values and mission of HFSL which is to provide the highest quality of physical, emotional, social and spiritual care, with dignity and compassion, to meet the needs of the older adults we serve.
HFSL offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, generous paid time off, 401(k) and pension plan with match. Additional benefits include voluntary short-term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, flexible spending account and uniform discounts.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy an excellent team-focused work environment, industry-leading benefits, competitive wages and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. If you would like to join our "family" please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Medical Records: 5 years (Required)
- RHIT or RHIA (Preferred)
- CCS (Required)
- CCA (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page: