- Succession Planning
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
The Staff Career Development Specialist (“SCDS”) works closely with the Staff Career Development Manager to support the design, implementation and promotion of career and professional development programs for staff employees and managers.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
At Nixon Peabody, our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Any U.S. NP office
- Assist with scheduling workshop attendance and enrollment in programs at partnering education/training institutions to enhance job readiness and employability
- Facilitate logistical and technical support for staff and manager training programs
- Perform research of internal and external training resources to aid in creation of personal learning plans; catalog and track personal learning plans
- Coordinate credit assignment for legal support development plans
- Coordinate supports that will assist the participant with attendance and participation in program activities and make referrals to partnering agencies as appropriate
- Support Staff Career Development Manager to implement plan for career management services and professional development opportunities for staff employees
- Support Staff Career Development Manager partnering with managers to identify opportunities for continuous development for staff employees with special skills/talents who can help Nixon Peabody in specific areas and grow as leaders
- Provide guidance through assessments and creation of individualized career plans
- Provide mentoring and coaching for staff under direction of Staff Career Development Manager
- Meet with managers, staff and partner development teams to match participants with opportunities
- Assist in implementing strategic firm-wide initiative focused on succession planning and the development of high potentials and emerging leaders
- Stay abreast of trends in staff career and professional development
- Provide administrative assistance to Staff Career Development Manager
- 5+ years’ experience in a law firm or professional services firm. 1-3 years of coaching and/or training experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Commensurate work experience may be considered
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Must exhibit sound judgment, and the ability to work well with others
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment juggling competing demands.
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other basic computer applications with an aptitude for learning new software programs quickly
Nixon Peabody is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Disability/Female/Gender Identity/Minority/Sexual Orientation/Veteran. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Type: Full-time