Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is seeking intelligent, passionate and driven individuals to join the ranks of the Finance Technology solution delivery team. The candidate will be expected to deliver high-quality technology planning, installation, administration and tuning in support of a broad range of internal clients ranging from Sourcing and Vendor Management, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Accounting and Risk, among others.
The Staff Business Systems Analyst is a motivated, self-driven individual, well versed in business process, product configuration and troubleshooting with an emphasis on feature leverage for optimal process control and performance.
The role’s main focus centers on working with Corporate Procurement and Source-to-Pay applications to enable analysis, development and deployment of the full range of solutions. , leveraging best in class third party products. The ideal candidate is service-minded, inquisitive and analytical with demonstrated expertise in gaining agreement for solution proposals, possessing a strong execution orientation with excellent communication skills.
Your team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Schwab needs into detailed functional and high-level technical specifications, contribute to designs and consult with technical and business leadership to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of products, you help Schwab work faster and more efficiently.
Experience supporting an integrated enterprise procurement application suite and enhancing business processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including business process analysis and documentation
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects
- Demonstrated fit-gap and fault tree analysis
- Experience in supporting server / DB / application environments and their users within large, diverse workgroups
Experience supporting data integrations from multiple systems.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in solutions that might involve multiple user applications, complex security requirements for user access to data, and multiple separate data sources that are updated frequently
- Familiarity with Finance terminology and Financial Reporting
Experience with configuring and supporting vendor risk applications a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Familiarity with IT terminology
- Ability to interpret, manage to and direct vendor work orders/scope of work
Improve the flow and quality of information by analyzing the business processes for inefficiencies
What you have:
- Collaborate with business users to define processes that meet business needs.
- Understand the business need; solicit and surface unmet needs
- Understand various software solutions and ways that they can be leveraged and configured
- Understand the role of the Procurement, Contracts and ERP systems (general ledger, intra-company billing, accounts payable and asset management in particular) in how Schwab manages and processes information
- Design processes that can be implemented with minimal disruption to supporting systems, and that are cost effective
- Ensure processes are scalable and flexible to meet future business need
- Create business cases for change and refine requirements
- Drive stakeholder analyses to identify who will be impacted by proposed change and understand their influence and authority levels in order to deliver the requirements package
- Deliver the requirements package including use cases/user stories, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts
- Specify inputs and formatting outputs to meet user needs
- Decompose requirements to a sufficient level of detail for the design & build teams to take action
- Organize and facilitate user acceptance
- Engage in strategic vendor management
- Follow and report upon industry trends and product offerings in area of focus
- Never stop learning and freely share what you learn
- 5+ years business analysis experience in an Enterprise Production environment using 3rd party software products
- Degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems preferred with studies in Business, English and Business Management
- 5+ years functional experience in Corporate Procurement and Source to Pay
- Strong problem-solving logic and analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to focus with close attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with process diagnosis and modeling or data and system modeling
- Strong meeting planning and facilitation skills for meeting and requirements management, workshop planning and execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in cross-functional team building and negotiation
- Excellent listening and reflective skills; excellent verbal and writing abilities; proven two-way communication and presentation skills
- Good expectation management skills
- Solid math skills
- Business results orientation
- Comfort with new technologies
- Ability to learn by reading and listening and observing and by doing
What you’ll get:
- Experience with one or more of the following applications: Ariba, PeopleSoft Financials,, Concur Travel & Expense, Hiperos
- IIBA or CBAP certification
- Self-starter that is hard-wired for risk with the ability to identify and communicate risk, assess probability, and impact
- Passion for measurement and continuous improvement and demonstrated ability to identify economic drivers
- SQL experience and familiarity with data warehouse tables and a basic understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Organizational development/people change management experience a plus
- ERP upgrade experience, business process re-engineering and change management a plus
- Agile Practitioner strongly desired
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications:
Relevant Work Experience:
IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
Position Located In:
TX - Westlake
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Friday, November 30, 2018