100 years of industry experience to pave the way for the future. When you work at GCC you are not just an employee, you are family and an owner! GCC is officially employee owned. On top of competitive salaries, amazing benefits and room for growth, GCC takes pride in our company culture. Birthday celebrations, bocce tournaments, holiday parties, crab feeds, company outings and sporting events are a few of the ways GCC creates a family atmosphere. We also honor our commitment to caring for our community. GCC supports local education, children’s charities, food banks and other nonprofits that directly benefit families. Whether you are starting or are established in your career, join GCC, a company that cares.
Responsible for earthwork construction material quantity take-offs utilizing AGTEK software. Work with estimating staff in bid process. Complete other estimating department work as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist estimating department with earthwork bid/estimate setup including interpret drawings and specifications, safety, scheduling, contract administration, estimating, cost control, purchasing, quality control, and coordination of field employees.
- Coordinate AGTEK earthwork takeoffs, reviewing plans and specifications, and obtaining quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Responsible for take-off administrative coordination of the technical aspects in AGTEK, which applies to ALL areas and information products including day-to-day operations support, updates and enhancements to integration tools.
- Maintain document products to ensure effective use of the system and documents that result in member/customer satisfaction.
- Complete other estimating department work as needed.
- Supports achievement of the company’s organizational goals and objectives by being cross trained and cross training others to increase knowledge and ability to perform different tasks.
- Telephone – Frequently
- Small Hand Tools – Frequently
- Copier – Occasionally
- Computer - Heavy
AGTEK Software, some CAD LT, Microsoft Office Suite
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATIONS
5-10+ years of experience, schooling, or background in any of the following: CAD, AGTEK, computer drafting, construction management, civil engineering, engineering or computer technology. Must have strong communication skills.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Pre-employment background screening investigation results that are acceptable to GCC at GCC’s sole discretion.
- Drug/alcohol test (negative test results).
- Background/security clearance.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
GCC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person