Provide strategic, tactical, and operational support to field management teams in a human resources generalist capacity. Manage day to day activities associated with employee/labor relations, performance management, staffing, turnover and retention, terminations, employee records, legal compliance, compensation, and benefits administration. Serve as a business partner and advisor to line management on complex employee issues.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Effectively administer compensation, benefits, and performance management systems
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process of qualified applicants
- Advise field management teams on organizational policies, practices, and legislation associated with equal employment opportunity initiatives, terminations, etc.
- Serve as the liaison between field management and corporate human resources
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning employment-related data such as hires, terminations, performance reviews, and turnover rates
- Comply with external audits from regulatory agencies (Aviation Department, US Customs, TSA, and FAA)
- Comply with Department of Homeland Security rules and regulations doing internal audits to keep records up to date
- Ensure job descriptions are developed and current for each position
- Coordinate distribution of Service Award Program
- Conduct internal investigations and process unemployment claims
- Conduct investigations for policy violations, mediation hearings, and prepares responses to Human Rights Commission and EEOC claims
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports and conducting HR training as needed
- Serve on special project teams as assigned
- Comply with company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and policies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources related discipline or Business Management; PHR certification preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience with at least three (3) in a manager level role
- Previous experience supervising and evaluating the work of others
- Extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and practices
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High energy, personal presence and maturity as components of leadership ability in order to facilitate the best decision making and values
- Ability to think and act independently with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to function in a matrix, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service to internal and external customers
- Solid business acumen and basic knowledge of financial and operational principles
- Experience providing HR services and support within the Aviation Industry preferred, but not required
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 55,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 255 stations in 44 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.