- Ph.D. in environmental engineering, environmental sciences, applied economics or equivalent;
- Strong oral communication and writing skills;
- Evidence of future publication productivity;
- Team player.
- 2-4 years relevant research experience
- Demonstrated experience within an interdisciplinary setting.
About the Job
Provide analytical and project leadership on research addressing applications of big data in sustainable food systems. Specifically, applying big spatiotemporal data of crop production and food supply networks to examine the environmental, social and economic performance of policy and managerial interventions.
Major Areas of Accountability
80% Research; to include:
20% Administrative; to include:
- Conceptualize and conduct research in collaboration with faculty advisor and research team members, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines, and completeness of documentation;
- Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals that highlight findings from research and experimental activities ensuring consistency with the highest standards of academic publication and showcasing the research group’s scientific leadership;
- Communicate to research team developments/progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible;
- Develop a novel research agenda leveraging data and modeling assets (FoodS3, Spatial LCA, Predictive LCA, etc.); coordinating with key personnel across collaborating institutions and in accordance with sponsor guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Develop collaborative links with core scientific and practitioner personnel in related fields and content in order to improve rigor and relevancy of the group’s outputs.
- Advise and mentor junior scholars.
About the Department
To learn more about the department, visit BBE@umn.edu
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. Please include a cover letter and resume To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.