Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
This position performs phlebotomy (venipunctures), works/travels at off-site locations i.e. satellites, registration (patient demographics, insurance coverage, obtains necessary signatures and waivers of non-coverage), order entry, specimen labeling, aliquoting, creates specimen transfer lists, and customer service functions.
1. Greets customers promptly in a friendly manner, assists patients with special needs, and provides necessary information, always respectful of confidentiality.
2. Acts as Laboratory customer service representative while providing service to inpatients and outpatients.
3. Accurately identifies patient, performs accurate and complete registration and order entry, and obtains necessary consents and signatures, when applicable.
4. Obtains all required information for billing, enters diagnosis code(s) as required. Enters information and follows registration protocols as needed to insure accurate and timely billing of services.
5. Communicates process to patient and collects specimens from patient for subsequent analysis, in accordance with approved techniques and observing Universal Precautions. Delivers samples to the laboratory, logs specimens into Lab using LIS.
6. Communicates well with other staff members to ensure excellent customer service and appropriate follow-up.
7. Alerts appropriate personnel and follows established protocols in operational situations to prevent crisis & service delays.
8. Promotes and maintains working relationships within a multi-skilled team environment to facilitate team visions & goals/teamwork.
9. Participates in education opportunities, staff meetings & in-service as scheduled. Reviews minutes of meetings not attended.
10. Restocks supplies in work area as needed.
11. Employee is responsible for following the policies and procedures related to WCHN compliance protocols.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma.
Data entry required. Phlebotomy experience. Customer service skills. CT Driver's license required. Travel to off-site locations.
Minimum Experience: six months
Desired: Medical terminology, registration training or experience, medical office/hospital experience.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: The hours will be variable between 5:30 am and 11:30 pm with rotating weekends, rotating holidays and rotating on call.
Org Unit: 122
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time