ThistleWaithe Learning Center, Inc. – South Salem, NY
ThistleWaithe Learning Center has provided the highest quality Montessori learning environment in Northern Westchester since opening our doors in 2002. At ThistleWaithe’s South Salem location, 125 children, ranging from 18 months to 6 years of age, experience the joy of discovery and seek challenges that unlock the mysteries of our world. Our 6 acre campus brims with natural wonder, including a pond, vegetable and herb garden, and adventure playground. Much of our teaching involves connecting children meaningfully with nature’s abundance and we view the outdoor environment as another classroom.
Committed to building habits of excellence among the youngest learners, ThistleWaithe also bolsters the skills and knowledge of its talented staff members in order to meet the vast, changing needs of the children. We design curriculum to ensure that each child leaves ThistleWaithe with strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and environmental stewardship skills.
ThistleWaithe Learning Center seeks an enthusiastic, creative person who would like to provide support daily to a group of children, aged 18 months to 6 years, in our aftercare program. This is a part-time position, following the Katonah-Lewisboro School District’s yearly calendar. The aide is expected to be on-site from 2:45 PM until 6:00 PM during the school week. Preferred candidate will have background working with young children ranging from 18 months to six years of age. Apply online today to embark on this journey.
The Aftercare Aide will:
- Assist the lead teacher with all aspects of childcare to include the following: snack preparation; art activity support; playground or outdoor activity supervision; general supervision of children during transition into aftercare program.
- Must meet New York State OCFS screening requirements.
- High school degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Commitment to professional development including NYS-mandated continuing education courses.
- Love of nature a plus.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
ThistleWaithe Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more