Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
Excellent public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, parents, or the public
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district
Thorough knowledge of media relations and public relations functions
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, perform data analysis, and do word processing
*Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct and manage the district's public information activities.
- Serve as the information liaison between the school district and the community.
- Serve as district spokesperson, as needed, and coordinate media coverage.
- Prepare press releases and public articles and photos through the district's social media outlets, in local media and other publications.
- Help school personnel publicize and promote any performances, exhibition, displays, or special programs sponsored by the schools.
- Design, prepare, and edit district publications, including newsletters, recruitment brochures, programs for special events and other publications.
- Serve as district representative on community committees as required.
- Ensure that public information activities contribute to the attainment of district goals and objectives.
- Keep informed of developing communication trends and techniques.
- Demonstrate awareness of district-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Implement and maintain a volunteer recognition program.
- Maintain and update district website and support campus websites.
- Maintain district level awareness for Board of Trustee's goals and objectives.
- Train district administrators in public relations awareness.
- Assist Superintendent to develop and sustain working relationship with local, state, and national government entities.
- Assist in the development of partnerships with local business and community members.
Policies, Reports and Law:
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the public information area.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time