SCAD seeks a creative and ambitious Architectural Designer to work on various projects within the SCAD Design Group across the university’s vibrant locations.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced environment on complex projects involving design for educational, office, student housing, dining, hospitality, exhibition, and event purposes. You will provide construction, time, cost, machineries, and other specifications, reviewing design requirements and determining best design options for building projects. Additionally, you will modify and update designs based on review comments from executive-level staff, ensure designs follow best practices and SCAD standards, and adhere to all OSHA regulations and safe practices. Professional experience with SCAD Design Group is a path to earning a license through the NCARB AXP.
The ideal candidate has experience in all phases of the design process, including conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration. In addition to a high level of technical skill and applicable experience, the ideal candidate should be proactive, team oriented, and comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment with a focus on creating life-changing experiences for SCAD students.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree in architecture preferred)
- Minimum of five to eight years of related professional experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D software, including AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Registered architect preferred