We are seeking a Maintenance Assistant who is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and repair of buildings, as well as maintains the grounds of the property. Responsible for completing tasks assigned by the supervisor which could include, but is not limited to, the duties listed below. This is a temporary position, lasting the length of the turn season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Paints interior walls, as needed.
- Assists in the maintenance and general repairs of the buildings' exterior and interior Systems.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in maintenance equipment.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Prepares apartments for occupancy in accordance with apartment turnover protocols.
- Performs duties outlined in the ACC BOSS program.
- Keeps property grounds clean.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A High school diploma or equivalent. And/or one to three months related experience.
- The ability to operate of various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- The ability to use small power tools and hand tools, drive a golf cart, and life various items up to 50 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary