Vice President of Talent Acquisition
Business Unit: Human Resources
Reports To: RWJBarnabas Health, Senior Vice President of Human Resources
The Vice President of Talent Acquisition will lead a broad set of workforce planning, programming and strategy to build, attract and retain a pipeline of talent. The Vice President will have responsibility for the strategy and operations of the full talent acquisition lifecycle, the evolution of the recruiting process, use of talent acquisition tools, and methods, and management of the articulation and effectiveness of the RWJBarnabas Health brand.
The Vice President of Talent Acquisition will also create, implement and launch new programs that meet the workforce needs, business strategies and anticipate appropriate responses to talent acquisition trends. This includes oversight of the recruitment and onboarding of professional staff, allied staff, and RWJBH Executives. In that vein, the Vice President as a strategic advisor, functional expert and coach to the management team as it relates talent acquisition & workforce development. Utilizes data and metrics to develop predictive analytics needed to allow for greater informed decisions by business leaders and the HR Centers of Excellence.
Additionally, the Vice President is responsible for the creation and execution of programming and streamlined protocols to establish and enhance the internal candidate experience. There should be a focus on RWJBH maintaining its competitive edge by retaining top talent and meeting the rising expectations of internal job seekers who seek mobility within the health system. The Vice President for Talent Acquisition will work hand in hand with the Workforce Strategies and Organizational Development Center of Excellence to ensure a diversified and innovative approach to supporting and leveling up talent within the organization.
Role & Responsibilities
Designs, implements and leads key strategies for executive, professional and allied recruitment, including building a solid pipeline of qualified, diverse talent.
Directs and manages the design, implementation, administration and/or assessment of the strategic workforce planning program and initiatives.
- Assessing and analyzing current external and internal factors
- Conducting workforce analysis for all high impact positions.
Coordinates the high-risk system-wide workforce strategy planning groups. In collaboration with organizational stakeholders, supports workforce strategy planning project initiatives, workforce goals and outcomes.
Leading the development and execution of workforce forecasting and action planning to mitigate talent management gaps.
Establishes local, regional and national partnerships to meet organizational current and long-term critical healthcare objectives and needs, and make recommendations to address current trends and findings.
- Leads system-wide teams of internal and external stakeholders to design and deploy student programming and experiences with the goal of retaining students in support of RWJBH workforce strategies.
Scale and improve equitable recruiting processes across all teams, including operations, people technology / AI and
- Oversees the development of analytic-based goals and objectives, metric-based reporting, and business driven solutions.
- Create an integrated service delivery model through leadership of the selection and retention of talent acquisition team members. Responsible to manage, motivate and inspire a high performing talent team, while creating an environment that produces results through discretionary efforts of the team.
- Plan and direct the operation of the department, including budget compliance.
Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in business, human resources management or relevant field of study. Master s Degree preferred.
- Appropriate and comprehensive experience in talent acquisition, workforce strategy, organizational development and change management.
Requires in-depth knowledge of the workforce and leadership development strategies in workforce management (recruitment, development and retention) as normally demonstrated in 5+ year of progressively responsible experience.
Proven experience implementing a multi-faceted / enterprise strategic workforce planning program, inclusive of forecasting and action planning.
- Required experience collaborating with external academic and non-academic partners and institutions to support workforce planning efforts.
Proven time management and decision-making stills, with expert analytical and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing timeline effectively.
Proven leadership experience of well performing, action-driven teams.
- Experience in full recruitment lifecycle, pipeline and branding strategies. Experience in large, complex, fast-paced and dynamic environments managing technology, metrics, and process change efforts, across various departments and service lines to meet goals and deadlines. Ability to influence and lead with and without authority.
Allocate resources and drive accountability throughout the Human Resources Talent Acquisition & Workforce Development Center of Excellence to ensure achievement of results.
Demonstrated professional, leadership, and diplomatic presence to represent the organization and HR Center of Excellence to key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong planning, communication, and organization skills.
Leadership facilitation experience to drive senior-level alignment for change.
Extensive functional and industry knowledge of and experience with HR Information Systems, including security and reporting tools.
Demonstrated experience in predictive analytics outcomes preferred.
- Reflects leading an environment where staff know the seriousness of the work while understanding staff can have fun at the same time.