Title: Director of Parking
Location/Area: USA - Flexible. IDAX is based on the west coast but we are open to hiring someone outside of our office locations
Reports to: CEO
IDAX is a multi-modal data solutions firm that provides transportation data for engineers and planners. We currently have offices in Seattle, Denver, and the Bay Area and generally serve the Washington, California, and Colorado markets. Some of our services, including parking and assets, allow us to complete studies from any location and we are looking to broaden the reach of these services across the USA.
Parking data collection and management is evolving at a fast pace with new influences on how on-street and off-street parking should be best utilized and managed. IDAX is working to provide data solutions to help municipal and private professionals make informed decisions. IDAX’s current parking offerings include the collection and summarization of small and large scale on-street and off-street parking inventory, demand and duration studies. We have created an internal application (Kapturrit) that is used to design and collect manual parking data.
The Director of Parking will oversee all business development, operations, data science/development, and management solutions for the parking service area. This role will require a deep and broad understanding of parking areas of specialization, industry patterns and trends, and competitive pressures in order to optimize company's market position in the parking service area. Act as an ambassador for IDAX within and outside the profession, develop and promote the parking service area for clients and key internal personnel as well as help acquire and develop new employees to support your team.
This role will collaborate effectively at all levels, partnering closely with IDAX leadership to achieve strategic growth targets. As a senior leader, you will be expected to mentor and coach junior professionals within your team. You will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision and build a team as necessary to serve the growth of IDAX’s strategic direction related to the parking service area.
This position is responsible for directing current market retention and growth as well as new market growth, with a specific emphasis of growing into new opportunities outside of current market coverage areas and service offerings. In addition, this position will help to articulate and maintain IDAX’s short-term and long-term strategy to standardize data management solutions for the public and private sectors.
This role will work closely with the Parking Operations Manager(s) to ensure systems and processes are being adhered to as well as identifying new systems to be implemented to maximize operations. In addition, specific attention to growth of the parking services team at all levels to serve new demands and build a team that is scalable to existing and new opportunities.
Your core responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Lead development and implementation of organization's strategic and business short and long-term plans related to the parking service area through innovation, analytics, and application of technology. Immediate, short term plans are focused around current operating systems and processes to fulfill manual parking collection (part-time workers, project management, QA/QC, analytics, and Kapturrit-IDAX mobile application used for collection) and ensuring the IDAX team is ready and capable for scalable growth.
Long-term plans include an evolution of offerings beyond manual parking studies and may include: permanent feeds from meters and sensors, portable feeds from LPR on enforcement vehicles, cloud hosted datasets and tools to create new studies or access datasets, and linkages to other sources of data to better understand curbside utilization.
These plans may be achieved by:
- Reviewing current strategies, systems, processes and tools to access how they currently fit within the IDAX and parking ecosystem.
- Building a team(s) that can support technology initiatives including internal IDAX systems, support of projects, and development of products.
- Supporting key project applications and identifying opportunities to leverage technology
- Building relationships with key industry professionals and recommending opportunistic external hires to help drive IDAX growth aligned to business plan or growth initiatives.
- Develop a technology partnership program with other entities that includes analysis that supports long-term strategic initiatives.
- Working with appropriate team members to create and execute winning strategies for all key pursuits; ensure teams have identified the appropriate benefits and differentiators.
- Demonstrate keen strategic market insight, shape our parking strategy to achieve short/long-term company goals, influence market dynamics to favorably position IDAX in an evolving marketplace.
This may be achieved through:
- Influencing, coaching and communicating to others about the market trends and opportunities
- Supporting and developing business plan initiatives as appropriate
- Form market insight and understanding technology trends to shape market opportunities
- Develop a plan to enhance and promote IDAX throughout our industry with speaking engagements, white papers, conference attendance, etc.
Other expectations as a senior leader:
- Developing a budget for research and development and business development
- Mentoring and coaching junior professionals
- Demonstrating company values and leadership
- Recruiting and developing key industry talent
In addition to regular communication with senior leadership, initial resources include Cameron Clark (Parking Operations Manager) and IDAX parking team (4 FTE and 15+ PT Employees). We fully expect the need to grow the IDAX parking team to meet short-term strategies. We will support you in growing this team fiscally and with HR resources.
- BS/MS degree in field applicable to this job posting
- 5-10+ years of professional experience within the parking and/or transportation industry
- Experience managing and growing a team to meet initiatives
- Mature understanding of parking studies and data flows within the parking industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfortable leading conversations at all levels of an organization and communicating with clients
- Ability to travel to local and non-local meetings, events, conferences, etc as needed
IDAX is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Job Type: Full-time